Katy Perry - Smile | Page 456 | The Popjustice Forum

Katy Perry - Smile

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by jamesmax, Sep 8, 2018.

1. I kinda hate the cover dd. Oh well.

BrokenHearts and scottdisick94 like this.
  2. The cover looks like Katy's sitting at a table, so I think the bottom part would look quite cool if it was the actual tablecloth of the table she's sitting at, instead of just a graphic.

That said I do quite like the cover, easily one of Katy's best.

Yuri, OspreyQueen and Music Is Life like this.
  3. Why does the high quality version look like it was run through an AI upscaler?

andru likes this.
  4. I really like this, actually dddddd. A lot better than the actual cover.

5. I...hope the music is good at least.

Daniel L and flowersandu like this.
  6. Daisies, Never Really Over and Harleys in one package? Yes we will be preordering on Friday.[​IMG]

7. It was, the official HQ isn’t out yet.

Nunya B, Maki and andru like this.
  8. Island

Island Staff Member

Ddd the Katy Perry font makes it look like a shoddy fanmade "graphic design is my passion" cover.

superultra, Lapras, sesita and 4 others like this.
  9. If she’s got any tracks even bordering on the quality level of Never Really Over and Harley’s in Hawaii then this is already her best album.

Music Is Life likes this.
  10. I have GREAT news for you!

RUNAWAY, myblood, OlliMaus and 28 others like this.
  11. Well yes, her too, I was just about to edit it in! The pre release tracks are an embarrassment of riches so far.

Music Is Life and xOJakeXo like this.
  12. It’s cute and I shall definitely snag the Target deluxe.

Music Is Life likes this.
  13. I do hope the album is generally more along the lines of Never Really Over/Harley's In Hawaii than Daisies.

OspreyQueen and DoggySwami like this.
  14. Subwaykid

Subwaykid Staff Member

I would’ve preferred something in between that fan made cover and Ryn Weaver’s The Fool, where the clown theme is there but subtle instead of this Red Nose Day ad, but meh it’ll do.

superultra, 2014, Andy French and 4 others like this.
  15. Well, I for one find this hauntingly beautiful. It's giving me "flop artist from the early 30's Vinyl Cover gathering space in a dusty old Oxfam shop" realness.

[​IMG]

16. Do as she says you miserable fucks

[​IMG]

17. They almost never used faces on vinyl covers back in the day, let alone fancy artwork (though I can understand why you got that impression).

18. Yes, especially as the official title is Smile (Pre-Order and Stream The Fuck Out Of It On Release Week.)

myblood, Phloo, Mikal and 4 others like this.
  19. Red Nose Day is all I see so I hate it, but I do concede the execution could have been a lot worse. So yeah, meh. I've long accepted she'll always be a bit of a clown, literal and otherwise, when it comes to visuals.

Subwaykid likes this.
  20. The concept is a terrible idea, the fonts are ugly, and the cut off between the two areas is a strange choice. It's like a 90s child being made pose for photos by their parents in the mall.

And yet it all works? It's unfathomable how they seem to be nailing this campaign, even when everything sounds dodgy before it's actually unveiled.

aaronhansome and Tracy Jacks like this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.