Katy Perry - Smile | Page 473 | The Popjustice Forum

Katy Perry - Smile

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by jamesmax, Sep 8, 2018.

1. Are any of her singles singles these days?

2. I’m hearing shades of This Is How We Do in the way the production kind of stutters along in an enjoyable way so I’m bopping a bit. But yeah, that hole in the middle is really... there.

aaronhansome likes this.
  3. -M-

-M-

Scratch that, baby, we’re grateful.

Sam, OspreyQueen, Laurence and 2 others like this.
  4. Yes? Daisies got a bigger single push than most other songs this year.

5. Never Really Over as the opening track, though. Inspired.

6. Yes?...

Never Really Over
    Small Talk
    Daisies

All full singles.

Harleys was a kind of cancelled single that they put out anyway and this just seems to be an album instant grat for now.

7. Smile is so much fun, I've not heard the Diddy version so I don't know how well he fills the gaps but it does feel like it needs something more.
    It feels so odd listening to this right after the new one by Alanis Morissette which is SO dark and menacing.

8. This is cute.

Sam, FridayNight, DMDR and 26 others like this.
  9. I haven't heard the Diddy version, but even so, it's glaringly obvious something is missing from the track. I can't fathom why they wouldn't do something for all those empty bars!

lushLuck likes this.
  10. I'm just a casual fan and to me it felt like Never Really Over and Daisies were the only ones that got a proper push, but maybe they're just the ones that they made the most impact on the GP. Lockdown also made things weird.

Harleys is still the standout for me, though.

Sam, FridayNight, Mr.Arroz and 38 others like this.
  12. That's giving me the fantastical vibes of Candyfornia but make it circus/freakshow. Can't she just buy that art from this person. It looks so cute next to Teenage Dream with the clouds.

Sam, Neon Green, 4Roses and 8 others like this.
  13. Is it supposed to be like we're entering her puss or

Sam, Neon Green, sesita and 16 others like this.
  14. Nn
    [​IMG]

Sam, Verandi, Mr.Arroz and 30 others like this.
  15. She mentioned shooting the video for it in one of her interviews today, so I think it's probably still a single. Seems like perhaps they're just waiting till closer to the album release to push it. Maybe the version with Diddy will be the 'single version'. Unless Diddy requested to be removed. But since the video was shot sometime ago I would guess he's in it?

Music Is Life likes this.
  16. This is brilliant

Laurence, DangerousHun and Mikal like this.
  17. It IS a bit too detailed / everything is small for the digital stores but yeah, it tells a story.

theincredibleflipper likes this.
  18. If she did change it, it would probably be a nightmare in terms of who owns the original assets used to create it (inside the tent, rollercoasters). Unless that Twitter gay just signed over the art and took full responsibility so he’d be the one sued ddd

19. Subwaykid

Subwaykid Staff Member

There’s still time for this one, Katy.

Maki likes this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.