Katy Perry - Smile | Page 494 | The Popjustice Forum

Katy Perry - Smile

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by jamesmax, Sep 8, 2018.

1. The fact it's now peaked higher on Radio here than Never Really Over...?

JMRGBY, blaze_dave, Syzygyz and 7 others like this.
  2. Do people here not love Hey Hey Hey? It's my Witness top 3 with Dance With The Devil and Swish Swish.

Fotos_by_fox likes this.
  3. Where did that peak?

That’s fucked up, tbh.

Lost Boy likes this.

5. 'Smile' is genuinely FUN though and I really needed it as I was starting to sink into a deep lockdown despair, let the JOY in

6. I can’t believe Smile isn’t doing better, such a feel good Katy hit.

7. I just heard Smile for the first time. I think it's kinda bad. The verse melody is awful. Sounds like a janky version of the This Is How We Do verse melody. The chorus is not much better. Katy's simple lyrics often work because she puts them to such a good melody, but I find this to be extremely melodically lacking.

Last edited: Jul 27, 2020
    R27 likes this.
  8. matthew.

matthew. Staff Member

inevitable, Mikal and Raichu like this.
  9. Welp, the album is officially delayed until the 28th

mrp2910 likes this.
  10. Smile is classic Maroon 5 cheese so of course radio would play it.
    In the UK.

Blond, TRAVVV and lushLuck like this.

11. I... love these promo pics.

Sean_ius, joe_alouder, Alenko and 7 others like this.
  12. They're very....Katy Perry.

13. A two week delay is honestly no big deal and the fact she’s making the effort to engage with fans about the album is hugely welcomed.

14. This made me #SMILE . You can tell she isn’t taking the fans who are sticking by her right now for granted.

15. But isn't the baby coming...imagine if she literally goes into labour on a livestream...only Katy can.

16. RJF

RJF

Imagine delaying your album and not following it up with a discount code for one of your spin off endorsements!

17. matthew.

matthew. Staff Member

18. I'm fine with a two week delay but I'm going to need another song/full single before it's released because, while i love the other 3 songs, the title track is a bit of a hype vacuum.

ALEX, Mr Blonde, Blond and 1 other person like this.
  19. Ok but the announcement of Daisy Bloom's birth could be excellent promo. Come through contractions!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.