Katy Perry - Smile | Page 506 | The Popjustice Forum

Katy Perry - Smile

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by jamesmax, Sep 8, 2018.

1. I mean what she said is very ill advised and she didn’t clearly think it through at all but seeing the reaction online and how people can’t wait to cancel her out....

I’m sure it will blow over but yes Ellen is awful.

Lost Boy likes this.
  2. If [racist mumbling], the blowback from her Britney joke, and...the allegations...didn't cancel her, I doubt this will, and I don't mean that in a gloating way. This was pretty ill-advised for sure, but she'll be fine.

4Roses, OspreyQueen, JMRGBY and 16 others like this.
  3. Didn't Katy have two separate sexual harassment scandals against her that she essentially survived? Those ignorant tweets while promoting her clown themed album is a quiet Tuesday for her.

Monkey Meat and lushLuck like this.
  4. ddd I was just thinking about how much this reminds me of Demi during the Taylor/Scooter saga, randomly coming for Todrick (even if Todrick was being messy too) saying "I know he can't be homophobic because he took me on as a member of the LGBTQ community"

Ugh Katy, why. This is so utterly tone deaf.

lushLuck likes this.
  5. But yeah, she will be fine obviously. Very tone deaf but it's not like she's defending Harvey Weinstein or anything.

6. And suddenly the clown is her.

7. Did she apologise to Josh Kloss yet.

No hay banda likes this.
  8. I mean yeah, I know most of our favs can be messes and I hope/expect this is forgotten in a few days but on a personal level I'm disappointed as a fan that Katy didn't see the (pretty obvious) bigger picture here.

9. They're both disgusting. @Ellen good riddance.

lushLuck likes this.
  10. I love the fact this is a real Popjustice user with two posts in a Tina Barrett thread and one in a thread titled "Britney files for divorce, looks good on TV."

Mr.Arroz, OspreyQueen, Blond and 25 others like this.
  11. Was... anyone even asking for her opinion on Ellen? Like. I don't understand why she felt the need to speak up about this. How awkward. She's going to have to walk this statement back soooon

Ashling92 likes this.
  12. This is like when reporters go around the neighborhood and everybody talks about what a decent family man the murderer next door is... does it matter?

13. It’s tone deaf (and she deserves calling out + mocking) but I think people are doing a bit much.

Blue6010, Phloo, Gabeee9292 and 2 others like this.
  14. Because she knows Ellen personally and probably felt guilted into saying something - as stupid as it was it's clear that has her intentions.

Last edited: Aug 4, 2020
    lushLuck likes this.
  15. Alternate cover editions are now available in her UK shop:
    https://shopuk.katyperry.com/

Regarding Ellen situation - Katy, please stop. So many sources claim that Ellen is a vile being. NikkieTutorials had nothing nice to say about her.

Joe. and maverick_79 like this.
  16. HQ versions of the covers from her UK site - thanks for the heads up @wodny

[​IMG]
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

Sam, Subspace88, Inky and 14 others like this.
  17. I really like the first pink image. Pretty damn stunning.

18. 2014

2014 Staff Member

They'd all make a nice booklet for the album but are these different album covers really even that necessary.

Lapras and Vasilios like this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.