Katy Perry - Smile | Page 515 | The Popjustice Forum

Katy Perry - Smile

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by jamesmax, Sep 8, 2018.

1. Oh that would have been a cool cover photo.

Mr Blonde and Suburbia like this.
  2. It's only 2 weeks now and I actually kind of think they need this time to create a bit more buzz, not that I'm expecting a #1 album either way.

The Smile video is out on Friday and then we'll likely have Daisy Bloom's birth along with the release of 'What Makes a Woman' dedicated to her - which will surely drum up some hype from the casuals.

(It'll probably end up leaking about a week before release like Future Nostalgia did)

3. The Smile video stills are very much giving me Seventh Tree. Very editorial clown.

lushLuck, mindtrappa and Mikal like this.
  4. She addresses some interesting topics in the LA Times interview.

On her controversial Ellen tweet:
    On her relationship with Kesha and Dr. Luke:
    On listening to the work of her female peers:

GimmeWork and WhenTheSunGoesDown like this.
  5. The Dr. Luke quote is giving me another “Ellen was nice to me” energy. Oh Katy...

6. Due process... okay. Maybe she should've just kept all these little takes to herself. It's getting weird.

7. Yeah, that Dr Luke quote takes on a whole new context in light of her Ellen quote. It shows us that she is completely unable to look outside of her own sphere of existence and recognise that just because someone is nice to her face doesn’t mean that they aren’t a monster behind closed doors.

Last edited: Aug 13, 2020
  8. This is a massive issue in general society though that people are mostly unable to look at things like this objectively but she should have politely said no comment.

9. Ddd none of this is a surprise nor is it more enlightening because of her Ellen comments. It is difficult navigating when you know someone personally and I think people do seem to forget that beneath the pop star she's just... navigating it that way. That comment is essentially what she said when legally she was pulled into it:

The pop star says she was pressured to come out and support Kesha, saying, “I felt pressured, but I also knew both of them and a lot of people did not. So it was easy for them to be disattached and support an idea rather than an actual instance."

She described being pressured by fans on Twitter and says, “People were generally very angry at me for not saying anything.”

Katy Perry said Luke became toxic in the industry saying, “The association with working with Luke was a negative at the time and still is because of this incident.”

When pressed on if that was because of Kesha’s allegations and the press support behind her, Perry replied, “Yes."

Butterfly likes this.
  10. I personally think the way she handled the Ellen thing is/was a lot worse than this. She's essentially saying she knew both very personally, a lot went on behind the scenes including Katy stopping from working with Luke, Katy getting pulled into court herself but she chose not to talk about it publicly.

Butterfly, jawow_ and Lost Boy like this.
  11. Hm, the doubling down on her Ellen tweet was... well, it certainly happened. The Luke quote is less surprising as someone who has read the court documents. I never found it as bad, though, because the whole point was that she was being asked about her experience(s) with him and she could only speak honestly, whereas with Ellen, literally nobody asked.

12. Just gonna smile through that one.

13. On the plus side, 'My Tears Ricochet' hive, rise!

14. I'm just ignoring her interviews this era, I'm here for the album and Nugget on her live streams.

15. There are rumours that Miss Katheryn has gone into labour!

P'NutButter likes this.
  16. Not her giving birth on her album's original due date

Sam, soratami, nooniebao and 5 others like this.
  17. Katy’s walls:

18. She did cancel a german radio interview today due to "health issues", so maybe something's up.

P'NutButter likes this.
  19. Apparently she was supposed to be doing a Zoom chat with a German radio station today but it has been cancelled due to “health issue”.

edit: oops didn’t see the post above.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.