Katy Perry - Smile | Page 553 | The Popjustice Forum

Katy Perry - Smile

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by jamesmax, Sep 8, 2018.

1. You really chose this as your first post huh.

2. I'm never going to be a fan, but I listen to her stuff with an open mind and this is a marked improvement on the slog-tastic Witness.

3. This album was always gonna be hard for Katy Perry. I see it as a bridging album from "Witness gate" to a new era. I wouldn't say this is a "new era" for her as such if that makes sense. Career wise I just see this as her putting a plaster on the wound, publicly recognising what happened with her last album and getting over it and hoping we do too...and I think we should because she's a fantastic pop star!

melodrama likes this.
  4. Only love is reaaaally cute! The melodies in the chorus are beautiful and it kind of makes you wanna cry no?

5. Is it just me or does the chorus feel like a taylor swift style chorus?

kmn04 likes this.
  6. [​IMG]

myblood, Maki, Sam and 30 others like this.
  7. Member since December 2017, posting after almost three years to pit two female artists against each other.

The phrase "don't speak unless you can improve on the silence" has never been more appropriate.

myblood and OspreyQueen like this.
  8. Only Love though...

[​IMG]

myblood, kmn04, lushLuck and 7 others like this.
  9. This is a great pop record. Resilient/Not the End of the World was a bit of a dud, forgettable moment for me. But that's what I expect from a Katy album. Few dud's, great singles and some exceptional should-be-singles.
    Cry About It Later, Teary Eyes, Champagne Problems & Tucked all had me bopping and singing along by the end of the track. Katy hook perfection.
    Never Really Over and Harley's are still some of her best ever work too.

High On Your Supply is another 'Act My Age' situation and should have been on the standard.

10. Does "High On Your Supply" actually have the crackles at the start, or is that still the vinyl rip floating about?

11. Okay, i'm already on my fifth loop of 'Teary Eyes'.

[​IMG]

12. I still stan. The way she effortlessly goes deeper than ever before and she actually does it with better lyrics and melodies than before... I love this for her.

Music Is Death and xOJakeXo like this.
  13. The final chorus on 'Teary Eyes'... God is a woman

OspreyQueen and xOJakeXo like this.
  14. She really came out of the gate swinging with the first three tracks, a strong line up.

Lila and Cutlery like this.
  15. Strangely enough it's actually the perfect album for the times- finding strength in the things that really matter, getting back to a point where you feel ok with yourself and the world again, deciding what's really important- all things that have happened lately to a lot of people I think.. just a basic sense of optimism after a very dark moment.

Music Is Death, tombiz and Subwaykid like this.
  16. well it's also Number 5 !

Sprockrooster likes this.
  17. Are you serious? that is really the dumbest comment I've read in a while

18. The title track is easily the worst thing from the album, so it's frustrating to think it became a single over stuff like "Cry About It Later", "Teary Eyes" and "Only Love". But anyway, with a couple of cuts, the album becomes a killer 10-tracks affair and her best since Teenage Dream.

heavymetalGAGA, Sail On and Chris_P like this.
  19. Wait, is this post a sneaky Walking On Air easter egg? No choice but to stan.

Don't get your pretzels in a twist hun, I think you can guess the answer to "are you serious?". I lived there four years.

They don't smile much in Berlin to be fair.

myblood, Music Is Death, Inky and 3 others like this.
  20. I love ‘Cry About It Later’.

stuaw, blaze_dave and Mikal like this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.