Katy Perry - Smile | Page 613 | The Popjustice Forum

Katy Perry - Smile

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by jamesmax, Sep 8, 2018.

1. What is the point in spending 75 dollars on a video?

2. Is that Zooey at the end? I legitimately could not tell

3. Not the message of unplugging the internet saving the world dd. Feels like one of her tweets as of late.

Last edited: Dec 21, 2020
    Jwentz, Trinu 3.0 and spaceship like this.
  4. I mean I would have pushed Champagne Problems anyway. Still a bop.

Maki and ratedr like this.
  5. That video... what a load of shite.

blaze_dave likes this.
  6. The video feels like a nine year old reference stretched out over 3 minutes.

Ashling92 and lushLuck like this.
  7. So this is basically a less artfully done Chained to the Rhythm?

8. when Taylor Schilling actually looks like her though

slaybellz likes this.
  9. matthew.

matthew. Staff Member

I just don't know why they have 'Cry About It Later' and refuse to give it a single treatment.

10. I don't get the vitriol.

She has literally zero obligation to keep delivering these vids right after having a child. The theme was original and topical for 2020, casting Zooey was also a cute choice and I LOVE the song. Yet people here are acting like it's as bad as Small Talk killing NRO's momentum when this is clearly not the case.

Lost In Japan. likes this.
  11. I love Spiceworld The Movie!

Rob, Jacques, Sam and 3 others like this.
  12. Just because she has zero obligation to continue releasing videos does not make them exempt from criticism if they are not good.

13. "I'm happy with what I got from the dumpster" energy.

4Roses, nooniebao, tombiz and 20 others like this.
  14. It's just not a good video. I will say that the whole "Zooey looks like Katy" thing is a cute idea, even though it didn't quite work on the video. I'm grateful that there's still some sort of intention to keep pushing songs and I acknowledge that she has no reason to do anything work-related right now, but the end result is just poor.

tombiz, Trinu 3.0 and spaceship like this.
  15. Edu

Edu

I don't like the song but the video is fun even though the joke is a bit old now.
    Matt Rogers and Mitra Jouhari are stars.

Sail On likes this.
  16. I can't stop thinking about this. Both of their faces have changed and matured over the years and she looks so much less like Katy now.

I was watching Almost Famous the other night and she looked so much like Katy.

[​IMG] [​IMG]

Trinu 3.0 and Vasilios like this.
  17. To be honest, the only reason people said they looked alike is because they had the same hair and eye colour. Taylor Schilling is the real doppelganger.

sesita and HolyWater like this.
  18. That planet dress at the end. What drag artist did she steal that look from? Other than that, crapola video for a crapola song.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.