Katy Perry - Smile | Page 626 | The Popjustice Forum

Katy Perry - Smile

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by jamesmax, Sep 8, 2018.

1. OspreyQueen

OspreyQueen Staff Member

This is pretty good. Nothing life changing but it fits nicely alongside Smile's scandibop chocolate box concept.

stuaw likes this.
  2. This is far better than it has any right to be.

3. What producers or songwriters would you guys like to hear on Katy’s next album? I’m going to try to pass along names. No Max or Luke.

nooniebao, VertigoStick, Sam and 3 others like this.
  4. This is brilliant.

michaelhird, Tracy Jacks and swim like this.
  5. Is she abandoning the idea of the acoustic album being next?

Savan Kotecha, Monsters and Strangerz, Tove Lo, Mark Ronson, Oligee, Jocke Ahlund and Bonnie. And yes, Max. If she’s gonna make another regular pop album then just make a Katy Perry album.

6. Dagny, Dreamlab, Cirkut.

7. MNEK, Emotional Oranges, SG Lewis, Yves Rothman, Daniel Nigro, KLSH, Machinedrum...

nooniebao, 4Roses, Jacques and 13 others like this.
  8. TASTE!

I would also add to this list Dagny definitely needs to be involved again, her record is what Smile should've been.

9. I dream of her working with The Midnight honestly.

Imagine her voice on these. Stellar!

10. This feels a bit like Never Really Over lite and I'm really enjoying it. Keep us fed Pokemom.

Tracy Jacks and Rob like this.
  11. I don't think it's anywhere near 'Never Really Over''s standards. It's cute and inoffensive and the video is fun as a Pokemon collaboration, but I wish her team had a bit more quality control when it comes to her releases.

Mushroom, Maki, superultra and 9 others like this.
  12. I feel like a Greg Kurstin produced album will work out great for her. Not the Pink/Kelly/Sia route, but something along the line of what they started on Spiritual.

nooniebao, Island, superultra and 4 others like this.
  13. It should perform well enough on Hot AC (assuming they even bother to promote it to radio). It’s feel good and has a big chorus. I’d rather it have made Smile than Not the End of the World.

14. That's a fine bop, and the video is entertaining. Pikachu does give a more naturalistic performance than Katheryn though.

davidbesan and Vasilios like this.
  15. Well Miss Pick A Choo is the more seasoned diva.

nooniebao, 4Roses, Jacques and 8 others like this.
  16. I read this morning they're not pushing it to radio

17. I've had it up to here with this Raichu erasure.

Raichu likes this.
  18. Mattman & Robin, Noonie Bao, Ian Kirkpatrick, SG Lewis, Jax Jones, Bloodshy & Avant, Jeff Bhasker, Rick Nowels, Danny L Harle.

Last edited: May 14, 2021
    4Roses, Jacques, Tracy Jacks and 2 others like this.
  19. Amber Bain & BJ Burton. I can hear Katy singing everything on Chewing Cotton Wool.

Kyle. likes this.
  20. It's a lovely song, although there's better material in Smile. Also you would think a more cartoony image would fit better with a Pokemon single of all things, precisely when she's currently doing that with her Vegas show. The artwork is such a mismatch it hurts.

Last edited: May 14, 2021
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.