Katy Perry - Smile | Page 628 | The Popjustice Forum

Katy Perry - Smile

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by jamesmax, Sep 8, 2018.

1. Please - if she could write something like 'Cool' for Katy, that'd be great.

nooniebao, papatrick, Milotic and 4 others like this.
  2. RJF

RJF

Does anyone think that Danny L Harle would be a totally out there choice??

3. Dagny, Allie X, Tove Lo, SG Lewis, Mattman &Robin, Dev Hynes, Daniel Nigro, Ariel Rechtshaid, Mark Ronson are all people I think she could do amazing stuff with.

4. RJF

RJF

Gonna be a scream when no one suggests Charlie Puth and she works with him for a whole album.

5. I’m just gonna say Sega Bodega even though I don’t think they’d even be a very good fit, I just want more pop girls to work with him nn

6. 2014

2014 Staff Member

Electric is a rush and she sounds fantastic, I also think Mark Ronson would be a good fit for her? Pieces Of Us could literally be a Katy Perry song.

7. Electric is so bloody good.

4Roses, Neon Green, wodny and 2 others like this.
  8. I’m so proud of us!

9. "Electric" is yet another basic (both sonically and lyrically) tune from Katy and it's perfectly fine for what it is, but I just find it completely inessential compared to her general work. It sounds like an album track from "Smile" and I don't really see myself going back to it.

10. Mmmm Electric is fine but there are absolutely a handful of Smile songs that are better. It feels like exactly what it is - a cute end credits pop song for a cartoon

Island, DoggySwami and Maki like this.
  11. Another Harleys? We won.

Jonathan27, soratami, Island and 6 others like this.
  12. Someboy

Someboy Staff Member

If she's going for the sounds of now...

SG Lewis, Robyn, MNEK, Dave from Glass Animals, and a young, not-famous woman producer Katy can elevate and break into to the pop mainstream with her profile. And I know that may sound like quota filling, but if we want more women producers and creators to get recognition, you need popstars like Katy to give them the nod.

13. Oh, has anyone else noticed Alison Goldfrapp hard-liking almost all of Katy’s posts? They could smash.

14. Wasn't expecting to like "Electric" as much as I am. There's a real rush to it.

2014 likes this.
  15. If Katy wanted to go down the acoustic album route as previously mentioned, she could do a lot worse than using Seventh Tree as key inspiration. On the flip side would also love some crunchy electronica from Katy in the style of Black Cherry/Supernature!

wodny and Friiied Eggs like this.
  16. Feeling so inspired listening to Katy sing in Electric that I've got the power now

Sam, rav4boy, aaronhansome and 7 others like this.
  17. Society if every pop girl worked with
    [​IMG]

Sam, BeingNormal, nooniebao and 25 others like this.
  18. Society if every pop girl worked with
    [​IMG]

Sam, nooniebao, Jonathan27 and 24 others like this.
  19. Black Madonna <3

Ok in all seriousness, Jayda G even if I doubt association with Katy will do anything for young producers with crossover ambitions in 2021.

Honestly I think she just fancies her. Or aiming to direct a video for her.

20. You and me both.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.