Katy Perry - Witness | Page 1531 | The Popjustice Forum

Katy Perry - Witness

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by Fallen Angel, Jan 26, 2016.

1. So this post aged well.

2. Lord, I saw the article and thought of course this happens.

DoggySwami likes this.
  3. Here for legitimate discourse about young boys/men experiencing sexual harassment or assault.

Not here for the “KATY PERRY CAN GIVE THE BOY A PECK ON THE LIPS AND IT’S FINE BUT I CAN’T GRAB RANDOM WOMEN’S ASSES ON THE STREET?!?” nonsense I’m already seeing on twitter.

Mr Blonde, Animalia, stuaw and 14 others like this.
  4. Oh boy... as soon as I saw that I was like, this is so on-brand for Katy circa 2010 "wink wink nudge nudge", family-friendly but a bit cheeky entertainment but so not on brand for 2018 "if it were a man doing it to a woman" blah blah blah. I have to say the guys quotes in those articles are a kii... I'm guessing he hasn't made it any further in the competition? "I wanted my first kiss to be special" is just brutal.

DoggySwami likes this.
  5. RJF

RJF

dd same.

lushLuck likes this.
  6. I mean it was certainly out of line but jesus, reading that 19 year old’s quotes is like reading my prepubescent diary.

7. I’m not surprised a network that still is okay with Ryan Seacrest thought this was an excellent marketing opportunity in 2018.

As for Katy..... she needs to think more before she acts on all her “wacky” impulses.

8. We are truly in the age of neo-puritanicals.

unnameable likes this.
  9. If roles were reversed and Lionel Richie kissed some 19-year-old girl on the mouth without her permission people would be rightfully pissed. Katy shouldn't be exempt because she's a pretty female pop star. That said, she clearly didn't mean any harm and just wasn't thinking, which is unfortunate on her part. It's not our place to judge the kid for being conservative / wanting to wait. This is... an odd situation.

Mr Blonde, Animalia, stuaw and 14 others like this.
  10. This is exactly the sort of situation where Katy apologizes and we move the fuck on.

11. Sis...

Animalia, stuaw, myblood and 14 others like this.
  12. No? We’re in the age of respecting people’s personal boundaries and space and asking for consent before we pop off and kiss somebody. Especially in a power differential situation.

Mr Blonde, Animalia, stuaw and 20 others like this.
  13. The clip, for anyone interested.

Charmander likes this.
  14. If it were 2013 she still had long black hair would he have been has put off by Katy Perry pecking him on the lips? - A Groupthink.

r1ver likes this.
  15. Every argument is so un-nuanced now. Did you see the actor who was turned down by an agent for being gay this weekend, only to be revealed to have made it up? All the bandwagon jumping without approaching the nuance of the situation. And the clumsy morality bandwagon jumping cheapens suffering where it really occurs.

So yes, sis.

16. The guy said he felt uncomfortable so Katy should apologise to him

that's literally the discussion over and done with.

Mr Blonde, Animalia, stuaw and 13 others like this.
  17. Sis, why is anyone who is hosting a singing contest.... kissing the auditioning singers? It's just.... an awkward and inappropriate thing, even if the case would be if he wanted to kiss her. There's decorum and power relationships that should be upheld and respected.

It has nothing to do with "people nowadays!!". Paula Abdul got the same flack about her inappropriate behavior with a male contestant literally over 15 years ago.

Mr Blonde, Animalia, stuaw and 26 others like this.
  18. Yours most of all.

19. Well fine if the article didn’t state him literally discovering opportunity in his suffering. Suffering is capital too often now, and capital grows and devalues. If everything is a suffered experience, then nothing is, and the people who suffered at the hands of that fucker Weinstein have as little value to their experience as they did before their voices were heard. It’s cheap and it’s a daily occurrence now and mark my words, if The Handmaids Tale is a warning, it’s not coming from the direction you think it is; see the backlash against its writer and uber feminist Margaret Atwood.

20. No that’s really good. Well done you.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.