Katy Perry - Witness | Page 1563 | The Popjustice Forum

Katy Perry - Witness

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by Fallen Angel, Jan 26, 2016.

1. Ehh a Witness v Prism showdown feels very

2. PRISM gave us Legendary Lovers & Walking On Air therefore instantly makes it better than Witness.

spaceship and chasingthepast like this.
  3. Prism highs - 'Legendary Lovers', 'Walking On Air', 'Ghost', 'Choose Your Battles'
    Prism lows - 'This Moment', 'It Takes Two'

Witness Highs - 'Roulette', 'Chained To The Rhythm', 'Tsunami', 'Bon Appétit' and 'Act My Age'
    Witness lows - 'Into Me You See'

- I think Witness just about edges it, but neither are her best work.

4. I consider "Witness" much better than "Prism". It sounds interesting and has amazing production, while "Prism" is so bland compared to her other albums. There is so much filler in the second half.
    That being said, "Roar", "Legendary Lovers", "Walking on Air", "Dark Horse", even "Spiritual" and "Choose Your Battles", are all very strong pop songs, some of them are among her best actually.

gouldsplosions and soratami like this.
  5. Prism feels much more relaxed lyrically whereas with Witness she was really stuffing every bar with nonsensical analogies and metaphors. Double Rainbow is her best song.

miller and spaceship like this.
  6. Sis, I see what you're doing here.

Maki likes this.
  7. Someboy

Someboy Staff Member

Witness.

At least, she was trying to do something. It didn't quite land, and being Katy, she gets distracted by other sounds and new ideas, but the core idea of what an electro pop album by one of the biggest popstars in 2017 should sound like is there. For that, I give her credit. And it really does have some amazing productions and a few classic Katy melodies.

Prism is literally Katy completing a contractual obligation. You can hear the spreadsheets being marked off, the advertisers being called, the lunches being ordered for producers, and Katy's schedule being made for the next two or three years. Look, if it's your fave, it's your fave, but you deserve better.

8. Every day I’m more and more convinced that ‘Chained to the Rhythm’ is her best lead single. It ages like a fine wine.

DMDR, Bogdan, itsokaytocry and 3 others like this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.