Kehlani - "Honey" + 2nd Studio Album | The Popjustice Forum

Kehlani - "Honey" + 2nd Studio Album

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by Sanctuary, Dec 7, 2015.

Last edited: Dec 4, 2017
    Modeblock, Blayke and Threshold like this.
  2. She's wonderful. Everything I loved about my 90s R&B girls plus a street smart stoner mentality. Are any of you catching her on her current European tour?

3. Aquarius feels kind of dated in its sound. I can see why the gays prefer Tinashe as their urban diva though. She feels more of a pop star than Kehlani is.

4. Who?

Mr.Arroz, Island and AshleyKerwin like this.
  5. Aquarius may not be as fresh as the day it was released, but at least it took risks and did something different. Kehlani's sound is like every SoundCloud trend into one. It's blah.

She kinda reminds me of Jhene Aiko. More accessible, but quite basic. But I feel like Jhene is a little aware that she's basic, and Kehlani is not.

Mr.Arroz and AshleyKerwin like this.
  6. I love her look.

7. I'm screaming at how angry Tinashe fans are about this whole thing across social media still.

Where were they all when it was time to buy Tinashe's album!?

She's gorgeous.

[​IMG]

8. Right? Even some in this very thread seem... pressed. And I hella support Tinashe. Kehlani's a class act. Knowing her backstory makes me love the music even more.

Sanctuary likes this.
  9. New single -

Jacket and TRAVVV like this.
  10. Love.

11. This might be her most PJ-accessible tune:

It even made one of Godlor Swift's obnoxious little playlists.

Sanctuary likes this.
  12. YES. Alive is my favorite song off the mixtape (next to Yet).

There's just a really likable quality to her. I need her, Tinashe and Zendaya all to be huge.

13. Her voice is just what Camila Cabello would sound like if she wasn't irritating.

14. [​IMG]

She's doing OK, thankfully.

Last edited: Mar 29, 2016
  15. Wow that took a really sad turn. Glad she's okay.

16. Sad. Hope she's okay.

17. Oh man. I was poking fun at this yesterday, but that's terrible and I hope she regains her health and well being of course.

What a weird situation though.

Mr.Arroz, ohnostalgia and Island like this.
  18. So sad to hear. I really wish her the best - she's so talented and I thought that this would be her break-out year. She comes from a very tough background and whatever issues she's dealing with right now, I hope she gets the help she needs. She really should take some time off and delay her album launch or whatever the plan was to focus on getting better.

19. I sincerely hope she gets the help she needs, and somehow finds a better support system. People are coming at her on all ends; it's really vicious.

She's unwell, so expecting her to think clearly and keep this all off social media is a bit ridiculous. People need to show some compassion. Even if you can't relate, or lack the proper tools to understand the issue.

20. Very sad. I hope that she'll be okay and has good people around her (not fucking PND). Social media pop culture can be such a toxic wasteland.

Beginner likes this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.