Keisha Buchanan

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member 3416

Re: Keisha Buchanan solo - General Discussion

She sounds good but the material is bland at least acoustically, maybe the studio versions will make them interesting.

F

Former member 330

sophiemoph said:
She sounds good but the material is bland at least acoustically, maybe the studio versions will make them interesting.

I think you're sort've right... the videos don't blow me away at all, so I'm not really focusing on them. It's actually the same as Sugababes 4.0 and 'Freedom'. It's not available to listen to as it should be heard, so it's hard to judge at this stage. I got more buzz just knowing she's finally coming back. A magazine cover, photoshoots, a little gig, confirmation she's still with Island, some song titles, etc. It's finally coming together.

Fearless and Carried Away are great, but they're not lead singles and Beautiful Mess is only ok. I just hope she's got something strong enough

I think if that was the first time I heard Fearless, I'd probably think, yes it's quite nice but nothing more, but as it is, I know I love the song to pieces. I'm sure the studio versions will improve the songs greatly. Also I've switched now, I prefer Carried Away out of the new songs!

Give the girl some credit I am sure even for the mighty Keisha she was nervous but she put on a really good show,if they get her image and marketing right I think she will easily be competition for the current crop of female singers.Her voice sounds much stronger than I thought it would be and she is a strong performer.I think she needs a buzz track out soon though sometimes being a perfectionist and procrastination are the same thing.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bfbCqqlFWok&feature=youtu.be&a

I think this is a nice way to start things. We've gotten a taste and this will hold me over until she's ready to announce the lead single. In fact, I'm VERY excited for that lead single. Visually I think she's looking GREAT and I can't wait for the video. I'm more excited about seeing the video than hearing the song lol. That's sick.

All of the Sugababes have been interesting to watch solo, including Amelle. Much better track record than other girl bands solo.

No offence, but from those videos, all I could think was 'GRANNY PANTIES'.

Other than that, I'm liking what I'm hearing. Keisha's live vocals have improved so much. I wish her the best of luck!

Oh dear, it's really nice to hear Keisha's voice again! The two new songs are very interesting, I can't wait for the studio versions. I would imagine Carried Away as a lead single!
Rolling In The Deep was ok, but the Adele's voice is just much stronger and better for the song.
Fearless is an amazing song, but I don't like the acoustic one.

So, she's still under Island Records ? Fine.

It's so good to hear her voice again. And to get confirmed that it can carry whole songs on its own. In her previous group it was often used to spice things up, but the style she used then would be aggravating if prolonged.

I'm still Team Buena as far as solo artistry goes, but Buchanan is evidently on her way to join her and Donaghy in having worthwhile solo careers. A bit of success wouldn't go amiss either.

H

Hitori

I'll buy her album as long as it has Carried Away in it. Brilliant Queen Keisha. Officially excited for her solo career now! It's great that she is still with Island.

J

JadeFan

Oh MY God, she is still as amazing as ever. Rolling in the Deep was great.

I really don´t know but the Girls Just Want To Have Fun is my favourite clip, nice to hear the song without the cheese. And I really enjoyed her moving and her presence on a stage again.

J

JadeFan

Wow, flawless vocals. Amazing set!!

wow, just hearing Overload being sung live even if by only 1/3 of the originals is amazing! Love it!

Bit shrieky on Carried Away but not bad song! Fearless is great!

she sounds like the Sugababes should but without the dead-weight of Amelle or Heidi. Now just add Mutya and Siobhan, bake in a studio for 2 months and voila, baked amazing!

Good set, she sounds really good, apart from a few off notes, but everybody has those.

Weird that she did 'Overload' I know it's technically her first single & it means a lot to her, but she didn't sing any leads on it, so a weird choice I feel. 'Freak Like Me' or in fact 'Stronger' would have been the better choice(s).

Status
Not open for further replies.