Kelis - Flesh Tone

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Kelis - New Album "Flesh Tone" in Spring

I reckon the promo versions are probably 'radio edits' as such rather than album versions.

We're almost there.... The album's going to have 9 tracks right?

Acapella
22 Century
4th Of July
Home
Scream

4 more...

We've also heard Brave.
But i'm still disappointed there's no tracklisting yet.

She should really release Home next.

You have? Do you have a youtube link for Brave?

I'm not a big fan of Scream for some reason. It's such a drag. Home is excellent. Are these the album versions or radio edits? I like them smaller to be honest. If they're 5 minutes long they'll just be a drag.

She did a set, its a few page or two back, the link to it, it's at towards the end of the video.

Thanks...

i really like the 3 minute version of Scream. The one that leaked earlier was too long for me. I hope they have a separate set of radio edits of all the songs on iTunes. I understand the masses want longer tracks. I like them short and sweet.

Listening to Home for the 3rd time. Definitely my second favourite from the era.

Mr.Arroz

Staff member
he/him/his

Such delicious music! I know that's a very strange way of describing it, but that's how I feel. It's so well-produced, vocally and beats-wise.

Wow, this album needs to hurry up and get released already, everything sounds so fantastic. "4th of July" is probably my least favorite of the tracks, with "22nd Century" as my favorite.

Also, "Home" really does remind me of "Get Together", there's just something about it.

I think this will be Kelis' best album yet.

Her clubbier sound suits her, and Acapella is her very own I Feel Love.

I'm really, really disappointed by Kelis' new stuff. Only "Acapella" is excellent. "22nd Century" is very good too (especially the end of the song). The rest is pure Club music cliché.
I hope the 4 songs that we still don't know are really better.

Someone needs to make a mash up of Eric Prydz - Call On Me & Kelis - Acapella, It would sound awsome!

Oh... and the songs I prefer are written by Jean Baptiste, so I can't wait to listen to "Carefree Americans". Then, there is "Alive" produced by Diplo.

One question: Who produced "Home" and "Kids"?

MachineGun said:
Oh... and the songs I prefer are written by Jean Baptiste, so I can't wait to listen to "Carefree Americans". Then, there is "Alive" produced by Diplo.

One question: Who produced "Home" and "Kids"?
Cannot wait to hear 'Carefree Americans', the description was amazing. So the four songs not yet out are presumably Carefree Americans, Brave, Alive and Kids?

DAMN! I love the new Kelis, I can't stop listening to the new tracks .... exact the same direction I want to do with my music.

Love her look too! Very brave and cool!
What is going to be the new single?

Just listend to Brave and that song Is fire! My favourites from this era sofar are Acapella, Brave, 4th Of July, Home.

All of the songs are actually incredible. Just tune after tune, Scream has those dodgy parts though but I've been really shocked to how good this album is gonna be.

Status
Not open for further replies.