Kelis - Flesh Tone

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Kelis - New Album "Flesh Tone" in Spring

Matt said:
Reading a post on ONTD about Kelis. American's really don't get Dance music do they? Well, not very well really.

I take offense to this, I'm American and I get dance music! I'm also not overweight or obese, shocking, isn't it!?

[That was all a load of sarcasm, though I am American, and I am not Overweight/Obese]

VANNMEL0N said:
The track listing is most likely official, it's even up at amazon.

I dont care about the seguing but how disappointing that its' eight songs and a rather long intro.
It doesnt even look like those bonus tracks are on the UK CD and even though we dont know that they are any good they have certainly been talked about.

Will reserve full judgement until I have heard the whole thing as one piece but it's looking like it could be really underwhelming now.

I've always said quality over quantity. I'd rather have 8-9 storming tracks than 18 ok ones. However if it is 8 duff tracks then me and Kelis will be having words, and she'll no doubt kick my ass!

mikeyb said:
I've always said quality over quantity. I'd rather have 8-9 storming tracks than 18 ok ones. However if it is 8 duff tracks then me and Kelis will be having words, and she'll no doubt kick my ass!

I agree with you entirely however I already feel there is one reasonably rubbish track leaving 7 and an intro. Hopefully the few remaining tracks are complete killers.

The three bonus tracks mentioned have been confirmed as making it no matter what by the same source the revealed the track listing, one for the album, one or maybe even two for iTunes. So we will be getting about 7 new songs.

Here's a LQ demo for Alive, it starts halfway into the clip.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pBfxLuArbLQ

This may seem totally premature but what I have heard from the album already makes a strong competitor for album of the year.

Osiris said:
What do you expect from a country that calls "disco" everything that doesn't sound rock, country or urban?

Everything music is backwards here in the states! I was shocked that David Guetta and Kelly what's-her-ass got play on top 40 radio.

As far as obese people not dancing, go to any run of the mill night club and you will see big asses shaking it up, but to the tune of Akon or whatever hot rap or R&B act is on.

SoundByte said:
Osiris said:
What do you expect from a country that calls "disco" everything that doesn't sound rock, country or urban?

Everything music is backwards here in the states! I was shocked that David Guetta and Kelly what's-her-ass got play on top 40 radio.

I wouldn't go so far as to say that music is backwards, it's just that hip hop and rock have firmer grasps on the American public (not that there's anything wrong with that), and the majority of us Amuricans don't find dance or electro "credible" enough*. It's just the tastes of the people, doesn't necessarily mean radio's backwards.

*I do, though.

Americans are behind when It comes to music thats their problem. Dance music has been populular around the world since the 90's, but americans are only just starting to get into it (kinda) And I don't think the poster "about americans not getting dance music" ment it as in "americans are a mahoosive bunch of battys who can't dance because their too fat... although it's quite true, I'm kidding haha. Americans just really don't get dance music in general... they all call it 'techno' for fook sake bahahaha.

T

The Poop Master

It's just not part of our culture... we like rock 'n' roll!

Really? I hardly ever see any rock numbers in the us charts. It's either some disney star hogging the top spot, or the same old same old artist. But the us radio is probably to blame for that though!

T

The Poop Master

The only people who buy the shit that goes number one are homogenous teenagers without a brain.

V

vasilios

The only people who buy the shit that goes number one are homogenous teenagers without a brain, since the charts started surely?

T

The Poop Master

Well I don't know any adults that buy music, they all stick to the CDs they bought years ago. I don't blame them really!

if Kelis doesn't rule the charts with this I will be very surprised. But I'm sure this will be a HUGE hit in Europe and if it doesn't catch on in America, I hardly think it will matter too much. Yes it is a huge market, but it's not everything.

V

vasilios

In the 80s, I am sure older people called Wham!, Madonna, Culture Club 'shit for kids' - I know my older cousins etc did. And they were wrong and they, now, know it.

Status
Not open for further replies.