Kelis - "Midnight Snacks" + 7th Album | Page 36 | The Popjustice Forum

Kelis - "Midnight Snacks" + 7th Album

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by mindtrappa, Jun 21, 2016.

1. The whole thing is a scream, but this is my personal favorite.

LPT, mmcg10, Beginner and 15 others like this.
  2. Nn I forgot about that letter. Underrated moment in her career that is most pleasing to me.

Euphoria likes this.
  3. Watching her on IG live right now, and she confirmed that the single is still "Midnight Snacks" and that she's very excited about the new music.

Island, andru, Andrew and 14 others like this.
  4. I need to know what this sounds like.

5. Sounds like the video might drop with the song, which is nice. She said that is also coming soon.

6. I think she's my favourite interviewee ever. Stupidly witty, charming, and so intelligent.

I rewatch all these a lot:

Burzum, GimmeWork, K94 and 11 others like this.
  7. Mr.Arroz

Mr.Arroz Staff Member

I love how during the Food era she updated her older songs to be part of the album's soundscape when performing live:

Also, "Glow" is one of her most underrated songs.

8. For me it's Marathon. What a song.

_hazzie_, wodny and man.tis.shrimp like this.
  9. I hate the FOOD arrangement of “Acapella”, it was the only one of her Afropunk setlist I was left disappointed by.

10. Good Stuff is that girl. Production job is sublime, the Neptunes killed it on that one. The bassline/guitar(?) that comes in during the chorus makes me c*m.

11. SPEAK ON IT

1991 likes this.
  12. It’s 100% my joint favourite Kelis single along with 4th of July.

My favourite video of hers too. David snapped.

GimmeWork, mpl, Liberty and 4 others like this.
  13. Junior’s remix with her going off on the vocals was also great

14. The whole release was flawless. UK got CD1 and CD2 (as was the norm back then and CD1 had the album version of Good Stuff along with the two full length remixes - Forces of Nature / Junior) and the video on the CD Rom and CD2 has the Good Stuff UK Single Edit, the edits of the two remixes and a set of postcards. It's one of the best CD single sets I own.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I now notice it had amazing promo 12"s for the UK market too:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 26, 2021
  15. That has just reminded me I thought she was called Keus when she was new. Lolz.

Stopremix, Burzum and ssa like this.
  16. Edu

Edu

When people ask Kelis about what she has been doing since her album Food:

18. I’m so ready.

19. Wow, okay. Love the cover art.

She's still one of the coolest girls in the game, maybe more now than ever. Running her own business, growing her own food, on her own farm, on her own land. That's power and freedom. And I find it really inspirational in a way. I'm cheering her on, big time.

Last edited: Sep 27, 2021
    Stopremix, Burzum, Crisp X and 11 others like this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.