Kelis - "Midnight Snacks" + 7th Album | Page 43 | The Popjustice Forum

Kelis - "Midnight Snacks" + 7th Album

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by mindtrappa, Jun 21, 2016.

1. Did I hear correctly at the end when she said she's still writing and at the beginning stages........
    [​IMG]

LPT, sesita, LeBratt and 4 others like this.
  2. This is SUCH a great listen. There really are only a few artists that you can listen to talking for over an hour and still want more.

I now want Kelis and Grace Jones on a record together!

beautifulmorning, He and mindtrappa like this.
  3. We’re gonna pretend we didn’t hear that. This was recorded before the single came out, not sure when exactly. But I think she mentions Mark needs to come back to LA, and he’s already been there for months now.

4. It reminded me of Accelerate, too.

moorje likes this.
  5. The hashtags? Exactly!

Fuchsia, sesita, 2014 and 14 others like this.
  6. She looks absolutely beautiful, the whole package is stunning. She is clearly in a powerful place creatively.

7. Was browsing her comment section, since it seems to be the main place she drops info, and she did reconfirm that the album is coming soon. She also launched a mini podcast (like the first episode is maybe 6 minutes long) on the Vero app where she interviewed The Fanatix and asked them to send her more material. That leads me to believe she maybe only had the EP up until recently and she's adding additional tracks to make it a full length now that she has the deal with BMG. I'm really hoping Mark Ronson actually sends her something like he said he would as well.

Anyway, I just randomly remembered this cover

8. Her cover of Brass In Pocket is so interesting to me. Like, it's a bit too produced but she sounds great on it, and then there's the fact that it only exists because it was on the soundtrack to a 2005 Reese Witherspoon/Mark Ruffalo rom-com that I doubt many people even remember now, disproved a fairly common rumor that Jon Heder died after Napoleon Dynamite, and was also an adaptation of a French fantasy/romance novel. Like...only Kelis, honestly.

9. Her hair looks incredible

LeBratt, Little L, Stopremix and 3 others like this.
  10. Mr.Arroz

Mr.Arroz Staff Member

That cover made me think of this unreleased gem

etienne, LeBratt, fancygreen and 2 others like this.
  11. Mr.Arroz

Mr.Arroz Staff Member

She didn’t lie either

2014, K94, LeBratt and 6 others like this.
  12. The taste on display. The girls in the industry really don’t talk about her nearly enough for my liking. I’m glad Kelis has no problem letting everyone know

13. Kelis is ART and serving. The new track is hot and inspired, the visuals of the video are on point - visual Queen didn't disappoint and released something that bops hard and feels on trend as well, yet still very very her. Congratulations!!

Now announce a global tour or global festivals, swearing I will buy tickets this time
    Thank God she still does music after all

Has anyone ever went to her concerts, especially while she was the it girl 2006-2007?? It must have slayed to heaven and back

LeBratt likes this.
  14. I saw her four times between Spring 2010 and summer 2011. A nightclub PA for a garage / R&B night in London in May, a club PA in Ibiza that August where she manly sung Flesh Tone songs, a proper Kelis Live show in Berlin in October where she sung all her singles and more and then her Lovebox set the following summer. She was fantastic and 100% that girl in all of them. I need more.

Little L, Sleepycat and LeBratt like this.
  15. Hi and hello, I just wanted to chime in with everyone and say that the new song has me addicted in all its sensual and seductive glory. What a groove. I've been on a real Kelis binge and FOOD is on repeat right now, she is everything.

16. Ok miss kelis securing GOOGLE money!

17. Just announced for Truck festival in the UK next July so she'll be doing a bunch of stuff around that. Feed us mum!

Little L and Sleepycat like this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.