Kelly Clarkson - 9th Album | Page 66 | The Popjustice Forum

Kelly Clarkson - 9th Album

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by jamesmax, May 2, 2019.

1. She's gonna be doing America's Got Talent whilst Simon Cowell recovers. She has now officially crawled her way from the bottom of the reality industry to the top.

An Insider and GRMusic like this.
  2. "@johnny_tsunami liked your post"

You coming with me binch?

johnny_tsunami likes this.
  3. It’s... not that far a crawl, teebs.

4. As long as we can stan Catch My Breath the whole way there!

Wishlight, Kyle., GimmeWork and 7 others like this.
  5. Someboy

Someboy Staff Member

I mean, America's Got Talent is old news these days (except in the Hollywood Reporter!), but it does kind of speak to how much NBC must like her that she's picked to replace Simon on the show.

Wishlight, sesita, Kyle. and 14 others like this.
  6. Listening to Meaning Of Life this morning and she really snapped with that album. Don’t You Pretend in particular is criminally underrated.

7. The problem I have with The Meaning Of Life is that it was so incredible that it made her previous releases not as good in comparison. I still enjoy her previous music but I just absolutely adored a more soulful Kelly and was excited for the potential sound-switch for future releases too - which I know it's not going to be the case.

8. Yeah I really feel like Kelly and/or her label see the "blueprint" of a Kelly Clarkson song to be People Like Us, Stronger, I Dare You, Since U Been Gone etc. instead of things that are actually brilliant such as Heat, Medicine, Let Me Down, Behind These Hazel Eyes. Which, of course some are going to be hits and some aren't but she has such wonderfully varied "highs" in her discography that it's a shame I feel like we'll keep getting the P!nk-lite inspirational anthems for the remainder of her career.

9. One of the only times that Kelly genuinely frightened me was when she was doing the Kelly Clarkson bracket and she BOLDLY implied that all her fans love Heartbeat Song.

10. "Would You Call That Love" is underrated as well. All of these lost singles!

freeheadmess, Rob, Sinful and 7 others like this.
  11. I’m not crying...

Kyle., Sail On, nooniebao and 12 others like this.
  12. Damn, Kelly, sis, these song choices.... I hope she's okay. It's nice to see her booked and busy, though.

Can she do this song next to brighten things up?

Underrated!

Cowboystyle and Rob like this.
  13. I Do Not Hook Up is a stain on her discography.

Mikey1701, Sanctuary, Slamb and 2 others like this.
  14. TMI

TMI

I thought she was doing a cover of Kylie’s song.

Kylie Clarkson.

Cowboystyle likes this.
  15. Really? I mean, Kelly's bests were obviously in the Breakaway and Never Again eras, but I Do Not Hook Up was fun in all its 2008 Katy glory.

lushLuck and Rob like this.
  16. This is her best cover. These vocals. Hauntingly beautiful!

17. Say Something was STUNNING.

heavymetalGAGA and timothy_b like this.
  18. Wow remember when she used to act in her music videos?

19. ?! It’s nothing groundbreaking for her but I really like I Do Not Hook Up. Katy snatching that songwriting credit was nice too

20. I Do Not Hook Up is one of her best 00s singles, don't at me.

An Insider likes this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.