Kelly Clarkson - 9th Album | Page 72 | The Popjustice Forum

Kelly Clarkson - 9th Album

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by jamesmax, May 2, 2019.

1. Whew, watching videos from that period is tough sometimes. She was at her rock bottom.

This was hours before she wrote Irvine

Music Is Life, nbtsa, JMRGBY and 3 others like this.
  2. RainOnFire

RainOnFire Staff Member

I feel like she's described every album since My December (Meaning of Life aside) with "it's a mix of empowerment anthems, some ballads, some country stuff, just everything I love" (she was literally saying this about this upcoming album earlier in the year), and so the fact that she's now saying this instead... let me remain cautiously optimistic.

3. I also trust her taste after Meaning of Life! The playlisting and radio play the singles received wasn’t ideal, but that’s not really her fault.

Mikal and Trouble in Paradise like this.
  4. RainOnFire

RainOnFire Staff Member

Nn sis I don't know about her taste... I still have nightmares from her picking "Heartbeat Song" over "Never Again" and "Whole Lotta Woman" over "Sober" in that demonic song bracket thing she did for Buzzfeed.

And she had the nerve to say that "Heartbeat Song" was a fan-favourite... I mean.

5. Heartbeat Song is truly my least favorite thing she's ever released.

scottdisick94, JMRGBY, LPMA and 2 others like this.
  6. Maroon 5 fan favourite.

7. I loved Heartbeat song until I had it playing in my ears at the exact moment I saw my then boyfriend out and about in London cheating on me. You better believe I scrambled to play My December from start to finish on my tube journey home. So yeah!

8. My edges have already started to disappear.

9. Sorry you experienced that! I would probably never listen to the song again.

Absolutely stoked for the n ew album! I just know she has some amazing songwriting in her still

10. I refuse to let boys ruin songs for me, especially from my faves!!!

11. SCREAMING at her Alanis impression, and the delay/off syncness in their duet

12. Heartbeat Song is not a Kelly Classic by any standard, however I do feel the need to point out that both the melody and the way she sings "your hands on my hips and my kiss on your lips" is ace.

13. Also, this is hilarious. She WOULD find out about her Emmy win from someone else.

14. That and Love So Soft are my two least favourites of hers for sure.

Stopremix likes this.
  15. Love So Soft? What is wrong with you?

Verandi, soratami and Blond like this.
  16. He likes it harder?

17. It’s the worst song on the last album for me so the idea that that’s what she led with was baffling. I love the Mark Knight and Ben Remember mix but the original does absolutely nothing for me.

Chance would be a fine thing.

18. Some album talk, how it changed direction obviously after what happened. Sounds like it's not coming until the new year, but she's dropping two new Christmas songs this year.

19. Hopefully this change in direction means we've scrapped that Ben Platt duet.

20. I've decided I actually want this to be a duets album with Kelly and Reba. It can be a divorce album for the both of them, speaking to the same gene pool.

Trouble in Paradise and nbtsa like this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.