Kelly Clarkson - 9th Studio Album | Page 2 | The Popjustice Forum

Kelly Clarkson - 9th Studio Album

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by jamesmax, May 2, 2019.

1. I'm sad to see the end of the Meaning Of Life sound. That albums is her best. But all of her albums were pretty good, with Breakaway being among the top tier.

2. I’m so down for this. Breakaway is a classic and Stronger is probably my favorite album of hers.

3. Her most consistent album for me. The first one of hers I've ever bought too!
    I liked 'Breakaway' but it was all about those singles which were epic to be fair.

4. Breakaway is one of those albums that could feel overrated, but it really really isn't. I mean:

Breakaway
    Since U Been Gone
    Behind These Hazel Eyes
    Because of You
    Gone
    Addicted
    Walk Away
    You Found Me

all could have been singles. I Hate Myself For Losing You is really the only song I tend to skip, and even its not bad.

4Roses, GimmeWork, Stopremix and 4 others like this.
  5. For me it's all about Breakaway (9), Since You Been Gone (10), Behind These Hazel Eyes (10) and Because Of You (10) - the rest is alright but that's it....

Love 'Meaning Of Life' from start to finish, I skip nothing...

6. Breakaway is (almost) flawless, and my favorite Kelly album (Meaning Of Life is #2). Addicted, Hear Me and Gone are still my favorite Kelly songs.

Stopremix and heavymetalGAGA like this.
  7. Trinity:
    Breakaway
    Stronger
    My December

8. RainOnFire

RainOnFire Moderator

I'm not entirely happy about this to be honest. Obviously I love Breakaway and Stronger, but I thought the whole point of switching labels was so that she could finally move away from that sound. And I'm sorry, but I have a hard time believing that she'd willingly return to pop/rock without label interference, and that's not me being immature and assuming that the big bad label is stifling her creativity - I just don't see why she'd go back to that sound other than to (try to) score a few radio hits, especially after all of her talk about finally doing what she wants to do, Atlantic giving her creative control, and wanting to make an R&B album, a country album, etc.

The frustrating thing is that Heat and Medicine could've been legitimate radio hits but lemme not get into that again. Basically, I just don't want another album in the Breakaway/Stronger vein - I still get my life to Gone and Let Me Down and You Love Me and that's good enough and all I need. Meaning of Life was such an incredible breath of fresh air in her career, and I don't want her creative ambition squandered yet again because Atlantic was incapable of handling her last album properly and think the solution is for her to go backwards and repeat past glories.

9. Trinitiy:
    Breakaway
    Stronger
    Meaning Of Life

GimmeWork likes this.
  10. The biggest slap in the face re: Meaning of Life was that tour setlist...I was so excited to go, but didn't even bother after realizing the album was being paid DUST. Now THAT'S a show that would've benefited from smaller venues, and a more thorough examination of the album and its/Kelly's influences...not whatever top 40 + bare minimum from the new LP bullshit they ended up with.

Oh well. At least the album exists. Meaning of Life, Didn't I, Medicine, I Don't Think About You, Love so Soft, CRUEL (!!!), Heat, and Slow Dance are all amazing moments

Rob and lushLuck like this.
  11. Meaning of Life had some fantastic moments on it, looking back. Medicine and Cruel in particular. I fully expect her to switch to Pink route and give us AC soccer mom crap that will get her some easy coin, though. There seems to be a newfound market of AC after Greatest Showman OST and I have no doubt she/they will try to explore it more. I just hope she doesn't lose her charm.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.