Kelly Clarkson - All I Ever Wanted

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Kelly Clarkson - "All I Ever Wanted" Album - March 2009

Maybe Kelly is having a "Blackout breakdown" and none of us know about it! Can you imagine a totally wasted Kelly at a photoshoot stumbling around with a bottle of vodka, in a bid to rebel against all her contractural obligations?

If this is the case, judging by the album cover the album shouldnt be brilliant.

she/her
Re: Kelly Clarkson new single: My Life Would Suck Without You **CLIP ADDED!!!**

Ok, I adore Kelly, but this song just sounds meh. Like others have said, it's nothing new and I feel like I've heard it a million times before from Kelly and everyone else. I guess I was hoping Kelly would go in a more mature direction for this album, as her voice is wasted on songs like these. Oh well.

People were genuinely expecting a Max Martin/Dr Luke song with Kelly to sound "different" to anything they've done before?! I'm surprised. Wasn't it always obvious that Kelly was going to take three steps back with this record?

I'm not fussed on the clip. I LOVE Luke/Martin pop-rock-romps but there's a limit I think and I suspect I've hit it 15 tracks in.

F

futurix

HeartRateRapid said:
People were genuinely expecting a Max Martin/Dr Luke song with Kelly to sound "different" to anything they've done before?!
Not really. I always knew that Max Martin will return to the same rubber-stamping of catchy formula as he did in late 90s.

I really don't know what else should I have been expecting, but this underwhelmed me so, so much. I mean, seriously, this is so formulaic and lazy that makes Timbaland look like Gordon Raphael. I sincerely hope that the Ryan Tedder and/or Howard Benson songs are better, but it kinda does seem like Kelly has a resigned approach to this whole era. "It's one album, it'll pass," sorta.

G

graffitimysoul

Dr Luke needs to 'do a Timbaland' and fuck off until he finds a new sound. To be fair, most of his songs are good but they lose their appeal after about ten listens on your own and 100 on the radio. The song sounds like another one of those types. I can't get over how shit the title/lyric My Life Would Suck Without You is though.

I need the Ryan Tedder songs now.

By the way, why are we blaming this solely on Dr. Luke? Max Martin's output in the last couple of years has been even more formulaic, I think. But I'm actually over the both of them right now, so.

I don't know why people are worrying to be honest. She needs something to be all over the radio in order to sell the album and this song is going to be all over the radio...

I don't imagine the album to be Breakaway part 2, Tedder and Benson have more songs on there that Dr Luke et all (2 maximum but probably only this song)....At the end of the day, the record industry is a business and it's good that by going back to commercial pop she will make a lot of money for herself and the record company and please a lot of the 14 million people who bought Breakaway. My December was more of an artists album and it was what she wanted to do at the time. Now she is doing pop again and next time she might do something else. Its all about pleasing the masses.

It just seems she's damned if she does and she's damned if she doesn't. But lets not forget, she can sing these songs better than ANY of her contemporaries and this auomatically elevates the songs from good to exceptional. Can anybody think of anyone at all who is releasing music like this who can sing as well as Kelly Clarkson? I can't, cos there is nobody.

G

graffitimysoul

babylookatmego said:
I don't imagine the album to be Breakaway part 2, Tedder and Benson have more songs on there that Dr Luke et all (2 maximum but probably only this song)....At the end of the day, the record industry is a business and it's good that by going back to commercial pop she will make a lot of money for herself and the record company and please a lot of the 14 million people who bought Breakaway. My December was more of an artists album and it was what she wanted to do at the time. Now she is doing pop again and next time she might do something else. Its all about pleasing the masses.
The Howard Benson tracks aren't going to be any better. It will basically be a female Daughtry, and I think the writers have written with/for Natasha Bedingfield, Leona Lewis, Jessica Simpson, etc...

So basicaly Tedder is the only thing saving this from being Breakaway pt 2.

i think it sounds shit.
But I also think all her song are shit. with no exception. not even since you been gone (not even the remix)

maybe this could also go on my unpopular pop-opinion tho

Nah I don't think so man...... there are a few writers on there who have done songs on her first album... she has recorded Hook Up, which is a Katy Perry leftover, but then Breakaway was an Avril leftover and Miss Independent was Aguilera's first. Hook Up is a great tune and Kelly singing it will be amazing.

Tedder will have 3 songs on there max although I believe they did about six together. Apparently though these 3 songs are his best work, so thats good. I imagine at least one of them will be a single. Benson is a good producer, and as I said, her voice automatically any good material.

She sings better than Bedingfield, Jessica, Daughtry etc. Much better. And we have only heard a 30 second clip of this song. Typical Dr Luke maybe, but as I said, Kelly singing anything by Dr Luke automatically makes it better. Kelly Clarkson could sing any song Dr Luke ever wrote better than the original artist did it.

I have no worries at all. I liked Breakaway and I liked My December. I am more excited for this album because I think it's going to be one of the big sellers of the year and will put her back on top. It is a very good commercial move.

She has recorded 2 songs submitted to her from a band called Aranda....songs are All I Ever Wanted and Whyyawannabringmedown. Listened to the originals and both are good songs. It's gonna be a great album.

he/him

Amazon have taken down the clip

G

graffitimysoul

Everything you have said reinforces my thoughts that the album will be shit.

Re: Kelly Clarkson - "All I Ever Wanted" Album - March 2009

i'm headed to london today for some album promo and i'm so freakin' excited!! i'm ready for y'all to hear this album! i'm so proud of it!! i think it's 4 more days and my first single drops at radio and i'm super super pumped!! we decided the cover of the album and just in case you haven't seen it i'll post it! it's very colorful and they have definitely photo-shopped the crap out of me but i don't care haha! whoever she is, she looks great ha! i've had so much fun with this album i really hope y'all dig it woohooooooooooo!!!! and by the way, i'm now on 'eclipse' of the twilight series and so is my mom, my sister and all of my friends …..you could say we're a bit addicted and all searching for our very own personal 'edward' …..and yes, in the most pathetic way possible ha ooh!! and the soundtrack to the movie 'twilight' is awesome! i can't stop listening to 'flightless bird, american mouth'! the production is breathtaking! alright, peace out ….off to london
kelly
Well played.

You're too pessimistic man... She's going to blow these new songs out of the water... I hope. Still, no one knows too much about it cos it's so under wraps. Rumour has it that Kathy Dennis might have contributed, as did Kara DioGuardi. Producers were falling over themselves to work on the album, Kelly had a lot of input as to what went on there. Apparently she did the A&R..... Best to reserve judgement until its out though, as should I...

I just think this is her year. Mind you, I thought Catfights and Spotfights would sell well until Girls was released...but then again, Life Would Suck will defo sell the new album. She's the best singer in the world at the moment and she needs a massive seller.

You know what, I think I might have made that up.... Or read it somewhere. Actually, maybe there is no Cathy Dennis on the album. All the others are there though.

Status
Not open for further replies.