Kelly Clarkson - All I Ever Wanted

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Kelly Clarkson new single: My Life Would Suck Without You -FULL SONG!!!!!!!

Guyball89 said:
I have to say, that album cover is absolutely horrendous!
It gets its point across.

(Regardless of whether it intended to do so or not.)

I absolutely love the song.

That is all.

It really is a ripoff of "About You Now." Right down to the lead-in on the chorus ("can we bring" and "cos we belong," respectively). Also, if you listen intently to the adlibs on the final choruses of each song, they sound nearly identical (see "back *around*" on the last chorus of "About You Now" [around 3:00 on my copy] in comparison to "united here *somehow*" on the last chorus of "My Life Would Suck" [around 3:08]).

It could possibly be the most direct "lift" I have ever seen on a Martin or Luke song.

Numerology said:
I'm nearly over this song. :(

Well you better turn your ears inside out son, because it's going to be here for a very long time.

Femmenizer said:
Numerology said:
I'm nearly over this song. :(

Well you better turn your ears inside out son, because it's going to be here for a very long time.

Let's hope something in it reignites some sort of interest. The video maybe? Kelly normally pulls out excellent videos, let's hope this is no exception.

I know Mr PJ, is not allowed to talk about the tracklisting but I really want to know if the Katy Perry Tracks Hook Up and Long Shot made the album?

I don't want them to cause I hate them and would hate the album to be full of left overs.

Is there any chance you could reply with NO COMMENT if they did make the album and NO if they didn't?

JoshJB said:
I feel that this is currently offering a short-term solution to a long-term problem: it is, in a way, a "get out of jail free card" for her pop career and most likely a trick they won't be able to easily pull again. Hopefully the long-term solution will present itself in the form of the new collaborators on the album, though.

I couldn't agree more.

clarke said:
It really is a ripoff of "About You Now." Right down to the lead-in on the chorus ("can we bring" and "cos we belong," respectively). Also, if you listen intently to the adlibs on the final choruses of each song, they sound nearly identical (see "back *around*" on the last chorus of "About You Now" [around 3:00 on my copy] in comparison to "united here *somehow*" on the last chorus of "My Life Would Suck" [around 3:08]).

It could possibly be the most direct "lift" I have ever seen on a Martin or Luke song.

There are some similarities but overall the melody is pretty different. I have a feeling that this song was written before "About You Now" anyway.... I guess it was sent to her for My December but rejected. And I think it was written directly for her too. There is a clip on youtube floating about with Clive Davis and Dr Luke talking about it with the demo in the background...they explain how if Kelly accepts it they will tinker with it to suit her etc etc.

I love About You Now though, amazing pop tune. I don't care if it doesn't have "edge", the most uncool word to grace this forum :-)

Back to Kelly though.... best pop singer out there today by a mile.

Yeah it seems from what's been said that this has been floating around for two years or so and Dr Luke has been saving it for Kelly. That's very decent indeed of him. He seems like a really nice guy - he posts on Pulse occasionally (to rave about the song he's produced, no less! Genius!) and said something about not feeling at all bitter about Kelly not working with him on MD.

I listened to 17 seconds of the song, and then muted it.

I really don't like it =/

I miss Kelly :(

I really, really like this. At first I thought, "Hmm, something's missing," but then the more I listened, the more stuff I noticed (that drum fill that Mr PJ raved about - actually amazing!), and now I think it's ace. I do think they're holding back the absolute blinder of a single for the next single, though.

UnderPressure said:
Yeah it seems from what's been said that this has been floating around for two years or so and Dr Luke has been saving it for Kelly. That's very decent indeed of him. He seems like a really nice guy - he posts on Pulse occasionally (to rave about the song he's produced, no less! Genius!) and said something about not feeling at all bitter about Kelly not working with him on MD.

I got really badly told off on the Kelly Express forums for sticking up for him. They all hate him on there, today I read "didn't want him to be part of her first single from this album" and "he's a jerk" etc etc. Apparently he was harsh about her when she didn't work with him for My December... I stuck up for him and said if it wasn't for him then she wouldn't have this potential smash hit on her hands, and I said that the people slagging him off were childish. One of the moderators gave me a right telling off. WAS UNCALLED FOR. Then I had a super patronising private message from her. But yeah, she needs people like Dr Luke, Max Martin et al.... even though her lyrics are alright, she is not a musician. I much prefer her voice to her lyrics anyway... I like commercial Kelly. Bollocks to artistic integrity, just keep the masses happy I reckon.

Adore the songss, its on looop! :D

I like musics still good n gettin better this year. it's damn good I tell ya! Go kelly, it's different everytime she does an album...

xJasonx said:
I listened to 17 seconds of the song, and then muted it.

I really don't like it =/

I miss Kelly :(

That's just ridiculous. 17 seconds and you decide you don't like it? You didn't even give it a chance.

I've finally thought about updating my blog for the first time in an age (uni interviews next week, must make good impression!) so I thought there'd be no better way than to kick off with Kelly! It's here for those who've got five minutes to kill reading a probably-quite-wide-of-the-mark review.

I just gave "Never Again" a spin courtesy of Spotify and I would like to apologise for my earlier statements where I seemed somewhat ungrateful Kelly was releasing a good single again. Jesus H. Christ.

It sounds like Katy Perry doing a Kelly Clarkson imitation. But it's still fantastic.

I love it. So high energy. The "yeahs!" are the best part.

I went to see Kelly on Jay Leno, the day Breakaway came out. She performed SUBG and it was the first time I had heard it. I got into a huge fight with my ex-girlfriend because I said it was going to be huge. She said "You're a fucking idiot and you don't know anything about music!!!"

I think My Life Would Suck Without You is going to be huge! Hopefully I'm a 'fucking idiot who doesn't know anything about music' this time too.

Status
Not open for further replies.