Kelly Clarkson - Chemistry

It’s uncanny how awful she is at getting good collaborators to feature with. Is it poor management in the background, or are people actually scared to sing with her?

It’s uncanny how awful she is at getting good collaborators to feature with. Is it poor management in the background, or are people actually scared to sing with her?

Yes to poor management (see: her music career) but I'm going to say the latter is also true, as Pink famously said she didn't want to duet with Kelly due to feeling Kelly would out-sing her (she said it in a cuter, sweeter way but that was the gist). But also Kelly isn't popular enough in music now for people like Miley or Olivia to want to collaborate with her. They wouldn't get anything out of it if they aren't big fans that would just be really honored to sing with her (we should really be thankful a Demi duet never materialized). I guess Ariana did that Christmas song with her, but that's different.... I don't think if Kelly asked Ari to duet on Down to You she would have said yes.