Kelly Clarkson - Chemistry

God the US artwork for Breakaway really was a disaster. Why is her hair styled like an actual fedora? It still stresses me out. European cover was so gorge.

I'd never actually seen that cover before and...oh my days. So glad we got the other version for one of my favourite albums of all time!

Has there been any rumblings about this coming soon? @Speakerphone @selectual any news you've heard? I figured since she was talking about recording and with her talk show starting in a few weeks they would be rolling out new music with it, but perhaps I'm giving Team Kelly more business savvy than they have.
Haven't heard anything unfortunately, but I'm very eager for some new Kelly music myself - fingers crossed we get something by end of year.

He/Him/His
Bought my first Kelly Clarkson album. I almost bought 'Breakaway' a few years ago about there wasn't much there bar the singles. Lots of potential singles, I want 'Whole Lotta Woman', 'Heat' and 'Would You Call It Love' as singles!
I still love the album. It's my first KC album I actually physically went out to bought! I almost bought 'Breakaway' many years ago but then realised I only liked the singles and not the album tracks so left it. But 'Meaning Of Life', the way the singles off this album have been handled is shoddy! There were many potential hits on there.
What a mess the follow up singles from the album are!

Still a decent album! My first Kelly album I actually bought, it's unbelievable right? How could I not buy Breakaway as flawless as it was...
Her most consistent album for me. The first one of hers I've ever bought too!

I liked 'Breakaway' but it was all about those singles which were epic to be fair.
For me it's all about Breakaway (9), Since You Been Gone (10), Behind These Hazel Eyes (10) and Because Of You (10) - the rest is alright but that's it....

Love 'Meaning Of Life' from start to finish, I skip nothing...
Meaning of Life was my first ever Kelly album purchase. Breakaway was just as good...but it was all about the singles.
giphy.gif

Breakaway is basically perfect, the only song I would maybe cut is I Hate Myself For Losing You and even then her vocals still sell the hell out of it in the final minute.

Swapping I Hate Myself for Losing You for Just Missed the Train and replacing the live version with the studio of Beautiful Disaster and you have a true masterpiece. I don’t even dislike Hate Myself it’s just not on a par with the others.

Last edited:
He/Him/His
Swapping I Hate Myself for Losing You for Just Missed the Train and replacing the live version of the studio of Beautiful Disaster and you have a true masterpiece. I don’t even dislike Hate Myself it’s just not on a par with the others.
I love the Alanisness of I Hate Myself, but I can’t turn my nose up at this display of taste. Train is still a career highlight!