Kelly Clarkson - General Discussion | Page 91 | The Popjustice Forum

Kelly Clarkson - General Discussion

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by Tangled_Up, Mar 15, 2008.

1. It feels good to hear her curse lol?!!?
    Put that energy into the next album Kelly please.

Trouble in Paradise likes this.
  2. This has had me going back to her music again and it's just been a wonderful reminder that she's truly one of my favorite artists and voices in music. I'm so excited for the rest of the covers and the next album when it comes..

Also, was wondering if Dirty Little Secret and Not Today were ever released on any physical editions of My December? I'm still bummed I don't have them.

Txetxu likes this.
  3. I went looking for these on CD before but they were just released as digital exclusives. It’s probably too much to hope for an anniversary edition with those included.

Txetxu and Music Is Death like this.
  4. Ugh damn. Thanks anyway. At least Fading got released. Will need to get my hands on the Japanese edition.

Txetxu and popjunkie like this.
  5. The skill she has, covering an already great song and then making it better.
    I've never experienced this kind of love-to-hate thing but somehow Kelly's delivery makes me feel it in the deepest darkest part of my soul. She's too powerful.
    [​IMG]

6. The fact that my brain immediately thought “insult” when I read this says it all.

aaronhansome likes this.
  7. She made me hear some of the lyrics like I've never heard them before. The pain of "You'd do the opposite of what you said you'd do and I'd end up more afraid" I'd never paid attention to it previously but damn.

Sam, aboutyounow, Txetxu and 5 others like this.
  8. I hate click bait. The video title says "Kelly Clarkson is Ready to Put Out A New Album...but we have to wait" and she literally says in the video...."I'm not ready"

9. The way she says it has changed, it has morphed...part of me is hoping that Happier Than Ever cover is a sign she might do some stuff in that vein.

Music Is Death likes this.
  10. The “I have little hearts to worry about” comment makes me think it’ll be the opposite.

11. RainOnFire

RainOnFire Staff Member

I think she mentioned it once or twice before but hearing her flat-out say "I've gone back and forth about it" is making me nervous. I suspected that we might an edited version of the final product because she's concerned about her kids (which I understand of course), it's just making me feel a type of way because obviously my interests as a fan involve hearing her as unfiltered as possible.

I will say though that I'm just relieved to hear her actually mention the album again after being completely silent about it for a while now.

12. Yeah I can imagine it’s really tough with kids in the picture (and Brandon’s kids that she’s obviously close to).

Hopefully she can muster up the courage to put out what she wants to put out, I really do want to hear it unfiltered. The way she mentioned wanting to be “ready for the interviews” makes me hope she can just say what she wants to say in the music and find a way to not talk about it outside of that.

13. W2K

W2K

The literal goosebumps her cover of Happier Than Ever has given me. Protect her at all costs.

Sam likes this.
  14. I’m worried she’s going to water down the album with a few I Dare Yous or whatever. I also love that she’s like “I have little hearts to worry about” but then puts out a cover of a huge breakup song in which the original singer eviscerates her ex and even changes the lyrics to make it more applicable to Brandon.

Mikal likes this.
  15. Sam

Sam

Not my hungover ass fucking crying over this, I’m speechless

16. I say this as a Billie stan, but Kelly's version of Happier Than Ever is honestly better than the original for me. It just hits harder, especially knowing Kelly's situation with her ex-husband, and the vocals really elevate it. She kinda did that.

4Roses, nbtsa, happiestgirl and 13 others like this.
  17. Happier Than Ever is fantastic. I wish this was a full album rather than just an EP.

18. This is just blood fantastic isn‘t?

GRMusic likes this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.