Kelly Clarkson - Meaning of Life | Page 130 | The Popjustice Forum

Kelly Clarkson - Meaning of Life

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by xOJakeXo, Jun 25, 2016.

1. RJF

RJF

I feel like we've been in Kelly's I'm A Mom Now phase for about ten years so I'm not even bothered at this era going off the rails after ninety seconds.

2. Pretty sure The Voice is still in the pre-taped stages. I'm sure when live shows start she'll perform it.

Its reached #20 on Hot AC so far. I honestly have no idea if they've even sent it to Pop.

3. The video’s fine and she looks amazing but I’m unlikely to watch it again. I liked all the nods to her past videos (the good ones lols).

Trouble in Paradise likes this.
  4. The video is what it is. I'm sure we've all dreamed of inviting depressed past versions of ourselves for a semi-transparent, flailing arm boogie at the top of a mysterious staircased platform, but we mustn't hold it against Kelly that she got to live out the dream.

5. This made me laugh really hard and I needed it. Thank you.

londonrain, niccolo and AshleyKerwin like this.
  6. It's simple but effective, it was to be expected that her budget got slashed after Love So Soft underperformed to their expectations.

She looks lovely. And atleast she's moving around on those steps.

It's basicly Because of You 2.0. In this case her story within the entertainment industry. The scenes are her younger self dealing with it all. AKA Clive Davis.

Too bad her necklace doesn't hang right in the middle. That bothers me. It's mostly the cut of her dress.

londonrain and AshleyKerwin like this.
  7. RainOnFire

RainOnFire Moderator

I don't really see what the problem is, I think it's a good video. It has a good storyline and serves its purpose. I'll be the first one to drag Kelly when she deserves it but it's hardly a stock-footage dumpster fire like Heartbeat Song or Piece by Piece.

I also don't know why we're assuming the era is dead in the water? I Don't Think About You is up from the 500s to #41 on iTunes and getting consistent updates on HAC, and more importantly, the album is back in the Top 20 for the first time in three months. I still hate it as a single but it's clearly doing what it's supposed to do.

londonrain, Someboy, Blond and 4 others like this.
  8. ... But does iTunes really mean anything anymore? I'd find that number more compelling if we were talking Spotify.

AshleyKerwin likes this.
  9. RainOnFire

RainOnFire Moderator

Maybe it doesn't, but it's literally the only way of knowing if Kelly Clarkson's music is actually being consumed at this point.

10. I
    Need
    More
    HEAT
    from you baby!

11. It ranks somewhere in the middle of her videography with the top being Behind These Hazel Eyes and the absolute lower than rock bottom pits of hell being Invincible

Sunny B likes this.
  12. Her having two decent videos in a row feels like a special occasion ddd.

13. Weird little soul version of I Don't Think About You she did last night.

niccolo likes this.
  14. Why is the kid eating Froot Loops with a fork?

Petty Mayonnaise, Rob, Ferk and 4 others like this.
  15. Sprockrooster likes this.
  16. To show the poor man's struggle

Hyp-no-tize and Joanie like this.
  17. Lactose intolerant.

lushLuck likes this.
  18. So... I guess they just aren't going to even bother with Top 40? Unless I'm missing something. I realize that adult contemporary is her strongest format now, but I didn't think they'd just stop trying elsewhere.

I still think IDTAY was a good single choice, but I wish it had been later. I still listen to this album a couple times a week and every time I hear Meaning of Life, Heat, and Medicine I get a little sad that they'll never be the massive hits they should be. I'm trying to hold out a sliver of hope that when she inevitably performs I Don't Think About You on The Voice it'll have a huge leap on the Hot 100 and set up a 3rd single nicely, but thats slim. If we even get a 3rd single I'm already preparing myself for the disappointment when its Whole Lotta Woman.

lushLuck and AshleyKerwin like this.
  19. Just do Heat on The Voice finale and then when nobody buys single or album we can at least be found clutching to life in a puddle of weave.

Terminus, Rob, johnny_tsunami and 4 others like this.
  20. I can only imagine that they're saving Heat for the summer because not releasing it would be a fucking sin. That said having been a Kelly stan for the past eleven or so years I'm used to her making ridiculous choices when it comes to singles so ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.