Kelly Clarkson - Meaning of Life | Page 135 | The Popjustice Forum

Kelly Clarkson - Meaning of Life

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by xOJakeXo, Jun 25, 2016.

1. Meaning of Life is that bop. I don't care if it doesn't do anything on the charts, it's one of the best songs she's ever released.

GimmeWork, Zaacc, Utopia and 7 others like this.
  2. I love that Meaning of Life is being given a chance to shine. I hoped when she performed it in the UK in December on Strictly Come Dancing it was her new single.......

Zaacc likes this.
  3. Should have been released last November when this should have been made a single. Sigh.

4. I like the visuals of the video. It feels like an evolution of the Don't Waste Your Time clip.

5. 2014

2014 Moderator

kii I love Kelly's messy eras just for @RainOnFire's struggle xoxo

6. RainOnFire

RainOnFire Moderator

[​IMG]

heavymetalGAGA, enjoy, Rem and 18 others like this.
  7. You say this like they all aren't....?

[​IMG]

8. And to think we thought a Kelly era would run smoothly and not end up a lazy mess after signing to Atlantic, fools we all were .

9. This one is taking the cake for the worst though. The album being an all time best is what makes it worse. RCA may have picked questionable singles (I'm actually in the camp that thinks they usually picked right) and there were certainly more garbage videos than good ones, but this has just been flat out messy. And I think it actually does all fall on Atlantic. Her management has gotten her out there - she promoted the bejesus out of Love So Soft and IDTAY. She's done her part of the job. But Love So Soft was basically done by early November and they had Meaning of Life in the wings ready to go and just stalled.

She said Heat or Medicine would be single #2, then she gave a snooze fest of a performance of Medicine - one of her most fun songs - and shock of all shocks, it didn't get much of a response. But that wasn't the songs fault, it was a poorly planned performances. Then they waited until the end of February to put out a 2nd single and they didn't send it anywhere but Hot AC! She's gotten to do what she wants artistically and thats important - and she did put out one of the best records of her career - but from a business standpoint Atlantic doesn't seem like they have it together.

10. The album really does dwarf Piece by Piece doesn't it? What a record.

11. I’d love to know the strategy behind this campaign. Like they recorded this video (which I really love - everyone knows I’m a River Rose stan) back in September. Why didn’t they release it in November when Love So Soft was done? I mean surely they didn’t record the video 9 months ago specially to randomly release on Mother’s Day?!

12. I’m not all that fussed that this era hasn’t been a blockbuster one for her. Personally speaking as a stan, I don’t think she’ll ever relive the dizzying heights of Breakaway when it comes to commercial success. But she’ll always sell well enough to be comfortable and not deemed a flop and her core fan base will always pay to see her shows etc.
    I agree it’s a shame more people don’t realise how great an album MoL is, but she seems happy and passionate about everything again (Music, The Voice) which is great to see.
    As long as she continues to deliver the goods and serve V O C A L S, i’m happy.

13. I'm spinning the vinyl copy of this I neglected for a while and I'm getting my life. Her voice is just made for soul-inspired music and I really hope she continues in this direction. "Heat" especially has me scalped.

andru likes this.
  14. I love this video and hope we get some more epic live performances of this song!

15. She's on HQTrivia right now. Queen.

andru likes this.

16. I know we all get the point by now that Kelly is an incredible human being, but come on. This is just adorable.

And poor Ryan Seacrest, don't think he ever got a quilt ...

17. This performance always tugs at my follicles.

18. I’ve been bopping my buss to the Dave Aude remix of Love So Soft after it popped up on one of the pop playlists I was listening to on Apple Music.

GimmeWork and Utopia like this.
  19. Speaking of Already Gone, any idea why the music video has vanished from her Vevo channel?

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.