Kelly Clarkson - Meaning of Life | Page 164 | The Popjustice Forum

Kelly Clarkson - Meaning of Life

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by xOJakeXo, Jun 25, 2016.

1. I agree with every word of this. The two songs that I use regularly are Chivas and Irvine, and these two benefit from the production "choices". Never Again was a great single, but Sober and Don't Waste Your Time were never going to take off in their current states. Fantastically written songs in desperate need of different production, and yes I know that is sacrilege considering the obsession with Sober as is.

2. Don't Waste Your Time and its video would be a great demonstration of what it looks like when the label loses faith in the project. Except, of course, that they never had any in the first place.

Wishlight, Txetxu and lushLuck like this.
  3. 2014

2014 Moderator

This dragging of Breakaway the single

[​IMG]

4. As if Breakaway ischn't perfect.

Music Is Life, sesita, Rem and 9 others like this.
  5. Hole is the only song from My December where I find the production glaringly flawed, but she goes all the way off so it doesn’t bother me too much.

It really just needed a final mixing session to polish up the album but at the same time the whole aesthetic was dead of winter despondency so it ends up supplementing the core of the songs. There are producers who could have taken that sound a step further while still maintaining the spirit of the album, but I don’t know that further production tinkering by RCA would have conveyed it.

6. RainOnFire

RainOnFire Moderator

She hasn't promoted Underneath the Tree since 2013 and it hasn't charted since 2013 (when it peaked at #78 on the Hot 100), and somehow it managed to not only re-chart for the first time five years later in 2018, but it beat its peak position by thirty-four spots.

Which basically means its her highest-charting song since... Piece by Piece. RCA really won, huh.

7. Wholesome family queen.

londonrain and AshleyKerwin like this.
  8. This fucking 85 month single campaign lkdsjflskdj

9. Dear God. I mean its worth noting that it actually hasn't been that long because Heat was only actually released in November. Atlantic is ruining her career!

I just have a lot of feelings. I wish I could bake a cake made out of Strongers and a competent record label and we'd all eat it and be happy.

10. After my yeehaw was activated in 2018, I thought I’d revisit Tie It Up, which I listened to maybe three times in 2013 and not once since. But... it lowkey goes off?!

11. So I’ve just seen this on Instagram....

12. But wait this actually sounds really good.

13. I am not a fan of Heat, but this I love! So much fun.

14. Yeah, she was just starting to get sick and was just getting over it on the finale. I think this performance of heat is KILLER (and there was another that she did on a Cracker Barrel promo that has now been deleted from FB:

15. Love this. Those Nashville sessions were superb. Move You was stunning here too.

Last edited: Jan 11, 2019
    jawow_, Utopia, andru and 1 other person like this.
  16. Have UK tour dates been announced yet?

17. I saw her perform Heat on the today show in nyc in June where it was announced as her new single.

18. I know. Atlantic didn't actually release it to radio until November.

baxterclan likes this.
  19. Alas, no.

20. [​IMG]

Rhombus and Rob like this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.