Kelly Clarkson - Meaning of Life | Page 172 | The Popjustice Forum

Kelly Clarkson - Meaning of Life

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by xOJakeXo, Jun 25, 2016.

1. Is #JustAThoughtFran the new #PitchyStrippers?

2. I'm dying at that hashtag.

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 25, 2019
  3. Cover of Robyn’s Dancing On My Own at the Meaning of Life tour in Dallas, TX:

4. Listened to that cover twice and ... not one of my favorites. I love it when she makes new arrangements, and it's usually for the better (at least in a "That's interesting" sort of way), but some of those vocal flourishes weren't working for me. Or how she delivered the final verse.

On the flip side, I'm liking most of her cover choices and relieved they've been pretty good despite not actually being fan requests anymore.

Kyle., AshleyKerwin and xOJakeXo like this.
  5. It's a shame they're not fan choices anymore as it drastically reduces the chance of her covering Lily Allen's '''Three" which she would nail.

6. Does she have to pay the original artist to cover their song in concert? I've always been curious about that, especially as she's a fairly high-profile performer. She was, of course, amazing in Boston tonight. She covered Patty Griffin.

Last edited: Mar 9, 2019
    Trouble in Paradise likes this.
  7. You don’t have to pay if you just cover a song in concert. Releasing it, yes.

8. Nah, I think you only have to pay when you're going to have a profit from that cover.

lushLuck likes this.
  9. What venue capacities is she playing in? The videos sometimes make it seem very small.

Great mash-up, she is so perfect.

10. Jesus Christ the pivot from Better Now to Ex-Factor.

[​IMG]

11. Still heartbroken she isn’t bringing this tour to Europe. Granted most of the acclaim and press around the tour seems to be focused on the covers section of the show, but I still would have loved to hear some of the classics in their new arrangements.

GRMusic likes this.
  12. This is why I stan.

13. I couldn't find a general discussion but I'm listening to My December and the decision to master My December so it sounds like a 96kps mp3 was a choice.

14. That's really not right to say that.

... because no one made any decision to master anything because they obviously just pushed "bounce all" and then released it.

Sprockrooster, lushLuck and JMRGBY88 like this.
  15. The disrespect to My December. I'm sorry, sweetie!

Rem, heavymetalGAGA, andru and 7 others like this.
  16. Nobody is disrespecting the material, more the fact that they didn't treat the material how it deserved to be treated.

niccolo and GRMusic like this.
  17. Girl, wow.

Sprockrooster likes this.
  18. My concert date is tomorrow, so naturally I've been revisiting her albums, and while my angst-filled blinders of the time period will always think My December is her best, wow at Stronger holding up so well.

You Love Me
    Let Me Down
    Hello
    The War Is Over
    Mr. Know It All
    Dark Side

And obviously Stronger, but it's so overplayed for me that I could never hear it again and I'd feel just fine. Such a solid pop album. I wish they'd been able to milk it for another hit or two, because the album feels like it needs more representation in this tour set list.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.