Kelly Clarkson - Piece by Piece | Page 86 | The Popjustice Forum

Kelly Clarkson - Piece by Piece

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by Matt, Apr 10, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. I wouldn't think so. The album is entirely produced by people she loves working with - Greg Kurstin, Jesse Shatkin and Jason Halbert. And What Doesn't Kill You (Stronger) is evidence that just because she doesn't have a writing credit doesn't mean she wasn't involved in the songwriting.

Anyway, I bought the physical this morning and the cover does indeed look a lot better printed on the holographic paper. It's quite eye-catching on the shelf as well.

2. It's a good album but not a great album. I'd probably only rank it above Thankful because it's missing the massive Kelly standout tracks that Breakaway, Stronger and All I Ever Wanted had, and because it's obviously not as consistent and artistic a work as My December. But the songs aren't bad - standouts on my first listen were War Paint, Let the Tears Fall, Run Run Run, Piece by Piece and Second Wind. Oh and Tightrope.

3. Take You High is great. I don't know what it is about - maybe the build up and the big last breakdown - but I have it on repeat. So euphoric.

I never thought I'd say things like build up and breakdown about a Kelly song. It sounds like it's in desperate need for a full on dance remix too. Although it's already fantastic. Only problem I have is I already know I'll play it to death over the weekend and won't be listening again.

The rest of the album is growing but it doesn't feel right somehow. It's not completely there.

4. Im saying it's good, so you might wanna brush up on your GCSE level English.

5. She's on Loose Women on Monday.

6. 'Take You High' reminds me of Shakira's 'Empire' in how absolutely huge it is.

7. Good Goes The Bye is great.

8. @kelly_clarkson · 29m 29 minutes ago
    Wow, just heard @tokiohotel version of Run Run Run! So great! Had never heard that before?! Some fans brought this to my attention.

@kelly_clarkson · 29m 29 minutes ago
    Only version I've ever heard of Run Run Run was a piano/vocal by 1 of the writers that was sent to me 2 years ago??

@kelly_clarkson · 26m 26 minutes ago
    It's a bummer that I wasn't given all the information and that it looks like I'm ripping them off because I would never do that 2 any artist

https://twitter.com/kelly_clarkson

Damn,

9. She is so... absent... in any kind of artistic endeavour.

10. I thought it was really weird that she would record a song that has already been recorded by someone else . Didn't she turn down a ton of a money in the past to do the exact same thing?

I bet she's fuming ... or she doesn't care anymore.

11. ME$$. Wikipedia is listing 2 of them as writers though, don't know if it's true or not.

12. Yeah that was Lindsay Lohan's Black Hole which must have felt like more of a backhand than this scenario.

13. The few reviews I've seen online are giving this 3/5 stars

14. 'Someone' is the best thing on here.

15. Two things that need sorted:

1. Kelly has three incredible albums: My December, Breakaway and Stronger, in that order.

2. Let's not bring up points unless you want to discuss them. This isn't Twitter.

16. This one hit me this morning, and I'm I crazy that it could be a possible single? Her vocals at the end are insane.

17. Yes, school them.

18. Not me coming round to Let Your Tears Fall. Sia, ha power.

19. 'Someone', 'Let Your Tears Fall', and 'War Paint' are the three big standouts. I kinda wish Katy Perry recorded 'War Paint', though.

The biggest trash outside of Heartbeat Song is 'I Had A Dream' - avoiding those Jezebel ways certainly lapped up a seriously terrible song. And while the melody and composition of the song are good - the heavy-handedness of 'Piece by Piece' as a track is so overwrought.

Last edited: Feb 27, 2015
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.