Kelly Clarkson - Piece by Piece | Page 89 | The Popjustice Forum

Kelly Clarkson - Piece by Piece

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by Matt, Apr 10, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. I don't know who to be more embarrassed for. Nah, I'll go with Tokio Hotel.

2. So she is planning on another baby in 2016:

[video=youtube;01_CvxmLv30]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=01_CvxmLv30[/video]

Last edited: Feb 28, 2015
  3. To be fair, if she was told "here's a great song, you should record this" why would she think "I better check it's not a cover"?

4. I'm sorry, but she's only just realised that Run Run Run was already a song by someone else? Haha! I think that just goes to show that she didn't really give a fuck about this album. Do your research, hun. I have no sympathy for her with this one. I just find it hilarious.

The album is largely shit. It doesn't exactly come as a surprise that she didn't even realise that she was singing a song that wasn't her own. Oh my God.

5. Poor Clive Davis.

6. Wasn't doing much for me on first listen. Maybe it's a grower.

7. Listen, I love Kelly but geez she looks awful and so un-pop star in that interview. It's like someone said 'shave your head to try and look cool' and thought OK y'all if it means I don't have to lose weight or make any effort with what I wear.

8. I'm not into Nostalgic either. None of the uptempo tracks are doing it for me, bar Take You High which isn't really all that up tempo. Its not that they're bad, just blah. Dance With Me is the closest to not being blah but its not quite there.

9. She's so bubbly. I think I'd watch her on TV doing a Not Nasty Wendy show easily.
    And her daughter is making me have babies - which is amazing. That face!

10. "Take You High" is still THE WORST. It's even more upsetting because she talked so passionately about wanting to sound like herself and not wanting sound like a robot in the past, so the song feels kind of like a slap in the face.

11. My preorder is due to arrive on Monday. I was looking forward to it but thanks to this thread I no longer am!

12. I love her as a person, but this era... the look, the music... whew!

2/10.

13. To be fair to her, the vocoder on Take You High is obviously intentionally done for effect, I think she's more referring to her voice being bathed in auto-tune in the past which she has no longer used from Stronger onwards.

14. I get that, but I still find the transition from this to her recording a song like "Take You High" very frustrating.

15. I haven't heard the album yet so can't comment on that, but she is developing an alarming likeness to Rosie O'Donnell.

16. It's hardly her responsibility to Google a song and find out before releasing it. Why didn't the publishers tell her that it had already been recorded?

17. I don't think 'a german band have done it' would make a difference to her, she clearly isn't bothered so neither should we.

18. It's only one song on an album of 16, chill a bit. She also talked about how she liked what Ryan did to her vocals on 'If I Can't Have You' so I don't think she has an issue with it when its clearly done for effect.

19. What are they playing with this? I can see why they would be pissed, but if they didn't secure the song for themselves, then it's their fault. And that purple screenshot they posted on Twitter is laughable. They're pathetic.

Basically. I don't blame Kelly for not knowing - who would've known? It's the songwriters and label's fault for not notifying anyone/fooling the artist into thinking they've got a completely new track.

20. Ignore us all and make your own review when you get it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.