Kelly Clarkson - When Christmas Comes Around (2nd Holiday Album) | Page 11 | The Popjustice Forum

Kelly Clarkson - When Christmas Comes Around (2nd Holiday Album)

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by aboutyounow, Sep 9, 2021.

1. I feel like the album will do ok once she performs a few tracks on her show/ The Voice and the usual late night talk shows. There has literally been no promo or hype, even as a Kelly stan it doesn’t feel like an era is even happening at the moment.

2. Christmas albums tend to always debut lower and then increase after Thanksgiving. I don't know that I'd count on this one doing that though, since I imagine her talk show is the only major promo it will receive and also because she has a Christmas album already and this one is completely unnecessary.

3. Yeah, it's October and they haven't started giving it a strong push yet. Wrapped in Red was the same way, they released it early and then started heavier promo once it got closer to Christmas, the sales picked up with it.

lushLuck likes this.
  4. It’s great so what’s unnecessary about it?

5. I think its pointless. Wrapped in Red is excellent. Underneath the Tree is probably the closest modern Christmas song we've had since Mimi's that could maybe reach classic status over time. I wish she'd focus on that and give us her breakup album in the form of a proper new studio album.

Thats just my opinion, which I'm allowed to have regardless of whether the music is good.

6. A proper new album feels long overdue, but this also seems like a smart move to me. Her audience (which, at this point, is mostly moms and gays approaching middle age) will eat it up, and she knows that a Christmas song that's even semi-successful = annual checks in the mail. Plus, she obviously really enjoys writing Christmas music and she happens to be great at it. I'm sure several of these new songs will get strong playlisting come December.

I'm choosing to look at her taking her time with a proper album to mean that she's deeply invested in working with the right people and making it great. The last album was a step in the right direction, so if she's able to improve on that it'll he worth the wait.

7. When Christmas Comes Around was a last minute idea, but it's a fantastic album. She got to write more about her emotions with the divorce, but specifically in regards to a special time of the year that can make those emotions 10x more intense. I really like what she said about how it covers a spectrum of different emotions you might feel approaching the Holidays depending on where you're at. I just see it as some extra material while they're still working on the next proper album, and she thankfully delivered.

heavymetalGAGA likes this.
  8. The mixing and arrangements feel a little limp and undercooked compared to Wrapped in Red.

9. I love how to all sounds like a 40s/50s Christmas party, it’s a natural fit for her voice.

10. RainOnFire

RainOnFire Staff Member

The fact that she's never had a studio album miss the Top 3 on the Billboard 200 (including Wrapped In Red) and now this one is bombing in at #46... tragic.

[​IMG]

Maybe it'll rise or whatever but for now I feel fine saying that Atlantic is the worst thing to happen to her career.

11. - literally me about every single one of my faves that has ever signed to Atlantic

12. RainOnFire

RainOnFire Staff Member

Let me throw it back to that time she decided to pop off on Twitter to iHeartRadio for not playing Heat and they literally had to respond and say that they never received it from her label

[​IMG]

bimbo, soratami, 2014 and 16 others like this.
  13. CLIVE DAVIS AND DR. LUKE WILL BURN IN HELL FOR TRYING TO SABOTAGE MY DECEMBER!!!!

14. Her vocal on Maybe was phenomenal. (The bland piano arrangement was nothing on the gorgeous album version though.) Here for her gradually covering all her own slept-on deep cuts. She has so many great should've-been-singles.

You Lost Me is everything. Truly wild that it wasn't given the chance to be a global smash.

bakerboy92 and lushLuck like this.
  15. Too true! Lets take a moment to stan:

Holly Something, Liberty and Mikal like this.
  16. Oh my god.

17. It’s true it’s true.

18. They did--when it was reskinned as Catch My Breath.

19. RainOnFire

RainOnFire Staff Member

It debuted at #63, not #46

[​IMG]

20. It’s just a buzz album guys…

upload_2021-10-25_3-38-28.gif

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.