Kelly Clarkson - When Christmas Comes Around (2nd Holiday Album) | Page 12 | The Popjustice Forum

Kelly Clarkson - When Christmas Comes Around (2nd Holiday Album)

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by aboutyounow, Sep 9, 2021.

1. Afraid to think where this would have charted if the Ariana duet wasn’t there to boost streams.

I really hope Atlantic have a plan for this. I’ve seen people saying there’s another NBC Christmas special planned but it doesn’t seem to be confirmed anywhere.

2. Whew I love this.

3. I thought we'd keep the Kellyoke cover videos on the General Discussion thread...

Digital_Fossil likes this.
  4. Don’t Christmas albums generally tend to debut low and peak in December? These reactions all seem a tad dramatic…

5. That's what I thought too. As we get closer to Christmas and there's more promo, these albums always move up the charts.

Mikal, lushLuck and irishlamb like this.
  6. Wrapped in Red which also came out in October opened at #3 , and only last year Carrie Underwood's (appalling) Christmas album came out in September and still debuted at #8 before climbing up later on.

I've no doubt that it'll re-peak later on, but it's still a pretty terrible first week either way.

bakerboy92, lushLuck and SlowBurn like this.
  7. Thats fair, there was definitely more hype for those albums. I’d say when she starts promo, it’ll definitely be fine though.

bakerboy92 likes this.
  8. In all fairness, 2013 was before streaming was so prominent, so it wasn't as hard to get a decent first week with pure sales. There are less people buying albums these days, and they aren't going to be streaming it in October. So yeah, still not a good first week, but I'm sure they're planning on picking up the promo as we get closer to Christmas.

9. Okay but what other Christmas album could be such a perfect soundtrack to making this utter masterpiece? Worth more than a high chart position I think we can all agree.

(the damn thing is flimsy as anything though, no hanging it on doors for me)

10. Ok this is gorgeous and I need it!

Celestial Mosaic likes this.
  11. Wow, I almost like her version of Santa Baby. That's a hell of an accomplishment! (The only two versions I like are Taylor Swift and Miss Piggy...)

Nothing else here is as good as Christmas Isn't Canceled (Just You), which is a bit of a pity since Wrapped in Red gave us three standouts (title track, Underneath the Tree, and 4 Carats).

Last edited: Nov 4, 2021
    Mvnl likes this.
  12. Underneath the Tree is a modern Christmas classic!

13. Just for Now not being on this list disturbs me.

14. She has a new holiday special coming on 1st December. The performances in the last one were amazing, they even made the acting bearable so I'm looking forward to this. Especially excited for the Ariana collab live.

HairBodyFace likes this.

15. Very excited for this, and thrilled it's actually on TV instead of a streaming service exclusive! The Wrapped In Red special was great so this should be too.

16. I hope she performs Underneath the Tree too. Christmas Isn’t Cancelled is not going to be a holiday standard. Underneath the Tree could.

17. Fingers crossed for a live performance of "Merry Christmas (To the One I Used to Know)." If there's anything with long-term hit potential on the album, I think it's that.

18. The album is gorgeous! I wasn’t too sure about her doing a second Christmas album, it really hasn’t been that long since Wrapped In Red but I’m so happy with this! Its definitely different, there aren’t as many bells and whistles as you’d expect from a Christmas album, sometimes you’d even forget it's a Christmas album. The originals are all stunning, Merry Christmas (To The One I Used To Know) is probably my fave at the moment but Santa Cant You Hear Me, Glow and Christmas Isnt Cancelled are up there too!
    Her covers of Rockin Around The Christmas Tree and Jingle Bell Rock will be my go too versions of those songs from now on.

19. Christmas Come Early has become one of my favorites, her tone sounds so gorgeous on it.

20. I've lit my gingerbread and warm apple & cinnamon candles and I'm giving this its first real play all the way through (the first one didn't really count because it was mid-October and I felt very uncomfortable playing Christmas music that early). None of the covers really do much for me this time round but I think I'll be playing the hell out of the originals over the next 6 weeks.

bakerboy92 and lushLuck like this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.