Kelly Clarkson - When Christmas Comes Around (2nd Holiday Album) | Page 5 | The Popjustice Forum

Kelly Clarkson - When Christmas Comes Around (2nd Holiday Album)

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by aboutyounow, Sep 9, 2021.

1. I'm sure she'll throw us a bone one day and show up in heavy eye makeup, permed brown hair, and sing Sober the way then pubescent gays remember it from AOL Sessions 2007.

I do love those moments, wherein she's clearly settled into her Ellen shtick and then a younger pop star comes in for an interview, proceeds to momentarily give her whiplash and remind her that she was a defining artist for them growing up. Like when Moms meet old friends to reminisce about their "wild, younger years". It's also rare for a pop veteran to get her flowers from the industry so often and still comfortably earn good coin while doing so.

2. I got confused and thought “Santa Can You Hear Me” was an Ariana track. So their duet being “Santa Can’t You Hear Me” was pretty funny. Alas…

The artwork is nice. I’m glad her Christmas songs from the last few years have a home now too. Praying this is good (and that she rinses me in terms of formats).

andru likes this.
  3. I assume Glow is the (awful) Brett Eldredge song, since she also worked with him.

4. To a lot of people in America, big band and Christmas music go hand-in-hand. The cover makes sense in that light.

5. At the very least there should maybe be a Christmas tree or something behind her.

6. I'd say it was deliberate to sell it to non Christians but then there's the title so who knows.

La tortura.mp3

Tracy Jacks and lushLuck like this.
  7. Yea, it's not like we needed to see her sitting on Santa's lap, but some hint that the album is Christmas-related would have been nice. It feels like a super weird creative choice to keep it so... bare.

8. I think most Christmas album covers are tacky so I'm very OK with this ...

lushLuck and Jonathan27 like this.
  9. I think the cover is fiiiiiine. I'd prefer it over something overly seasonal. Wrapped In Red was definitely better.

10. Would’ve liked it to be more festive but I do like that it’s different enough from Wrapped In Red to stand apart.

11. Ok, I actually love it? The Winter's Dream and Underneath The Train lines... she said fuck Brandon! Wonder if she's revealing he wasn't faithful :eyesemoji:

I know it's a holiday song but I think the lyrics are actually great. Stan goggles tightened.

12. Terrible cover. Also absolutely no one needs another version of Last Christmas.

Mikal and lushLuck like this.
  13. Okay, I love it! Those lyrics are great and a more unique take on Christmas songs. I could see this being a hit, eventually.

xOJakeXo likes this.
  14. I'm definitely all about twinkling lights wrapped around some boobs because that's just how festive I am, but I think the cover is cute.

VivaForever likes this.

15. It's not bad at all. I do think it's a bit throwaway.

16. That cover is giving cruise ship singer… song is a bitter bop though.

17. Wait.... She calls out every Wrapped in Red original title. I love a spiteful queen.

18. The song is great!

Where is the pre-order? Please tell me she’s not just releasing digitally!

Utopia likes this.
  19. Loving the song and all the references to the Wrapped in Red songs. A nice addition to her Christmas catalog.

20. Wait it's there? I actually quickly checked the tracklist and went 'at least Last Christmas isn't there'.

VivaForever and lushLuck like this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.