Kelly Clarkson - When Christmas Comes Around (2nd Holiday Album) | Page 6 | The Popjustice Forum

Kelly Clarkson - When Christmas Comes Around (2nd Holiday Album)

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by aboutyounow, Sep 9, 2021.

1. I like the new song, tbh I like anything Kelly does! I can’t quite vibe with the song yet because it feels too early to get into the xmas mood. But I’m looking forward to the album for sure.

Stewart likes this.
  2. I was skeptic about it at first, but I love everything about it. the song is great and the lyric video is so fun and well made. love it.

3. Oh the song is cute! A nice, passive aggressive bop, and I love all the Wrapped In Red references.

And I like the album cover? She looks absolutely gorgeous, and I think the title is enough to say it's a Christmas album.

Excited for the other original songs, interested to hear a couple of the covers and I'm glad that it'll have the older Christmas songs as bonus tracks.

Blue6010 and timothy_b like this.
  4. There’s a CD on Amazon that’s listed as being unavailable. Hopefully there’s a vinyl (and cassette ddd) coming.

5. Rob

Rob

This is terrific.

6. It’s only September and it’s actually unseasonably nice here, but I can’t stop listening to this.

The Wrapped in Red references are a kii, I love angry Kelly. This is the 30s version of “I hope the ring you gave to her turns her finger green”.

7. Wow her voice really does suit festive songs. This is so good and that outro is fab. Hopefully another Christmas hit incoming, get those coins, etc

8. Seems kind of similar to Under the Mistletoe, but with a lot more character to it. I dig it. Cleverly set up, lyrically. "But you wont take Christmas from me" says it all, like it gives you permission to just enjoy the sassiness of the rest of the song.

"Kissing goodbye to what might have been" juxtaposed with New Year's Eve is also a nice line. I missed this side of her songwriting.

9. I'm a sucker for Christmas songs, but this isn't doing much for me at all. Everything is present and correct...but the melody is a bit flat or something.

W2K likes this.
  10. Okay I see myself getting a lot of use of this. I'm glad she is including Christmas Eve and All I Want for Christmas Is You because those have potential to be staples for me.

11. Her store has updated and they’re only listing CDs. Doesn’t look like there’s going to be other formats which seems… stupid.

bakerboy92 likes this.
  12. Maybe it’s the vinyl shortage? I could see them giving it a second push with a a vinyl release next year or the year after.

13. Kristin Chenoweth’s Christmas album is being released this year and will be on vinyl. It could be that the album wasn’t ready in time or that the label didn’t want to push it for vinyl over other releases but there should be bundles and bundles here.

The most expensive version gets you one copy of the album…

14. Oh I love this. All of the Wrapped In Red title references, the sass, and she sounds great. It's no Underneath the Tree, but that's not an easy one to top.

Here's what she said about the album:

15. These really are her best lyrics in ages, though.

16. Bloody loving the new song just from that clip. Is it too early to put it on my current playlist? Hmm

Lost In Japan. likes this.
  17. There's something awkward about this song, like all of the parts are disconnected. The tempo shifts don't help.

Vocally 11/10 of course. But I don't think I'll go back to it much.

18. Doesn't look like there's a vinyl, but there is a signed CD version and a ... wine mug? Unclear if that one is actually signed, though.

19. The Kelly Clarkson “When Christmas Comes Around…Autographed Box Set” includes a custom double lined insulated copper wine tumbler custom engraved with Kelly’s signature. This also includes Kelly’s own Mulled Wine recipe and a ‘When Christmas Comes Around…’ autographed CD with the Kelly Clarkson Deluxe Booklet which includes an extended booklet with 20+ pages of exclusive lyrics and additional photos of Kelly.

I wish they could have come up with a way to house the CD in the wine tumbler. That would have been literally iconic.

20. This article sums up my feelings nicely!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.