Kelly Clarkson | Page 88 | The Popjustice Forum

Kelly Clarkson

Discussion in 'Comeback corner' started by Tangled_Up, Mar 15, 2008.

1. I'm excited about Happier Than Ever and Fake Plastic Trees, but I would have picked some others over the rest.

Blond likes this.
  2. It's literally giving
    [​IMG]

3. There's a clip and it sounds SO good

4. Just heard the full version thanks to my sources - yes, Kelly sounds GREAT.

Andrew likes this.
  5. It's out at midnight worldwide.

Sam, Sprockrooster, nooniebao and 5 others like this.
  6. Excited to get Happier Than Ever, but the rest of the tracklist is a bit... underwhelming. She's covered so many great songs, I figured we'd get something a bit longer and more exciting.

That said, the fact that she's dropping this now leaves room for a proper album later in the year, so part of me is just happy to have it done with.

Trouble in Paradise likes this.
  7. Yeah, I was surprised at the tracklist! The song choices feel random and a bit obscure based on some of the more universal choices she's made. Still, these were all fantastic performances and Happier Than Ever is worth it alone.

Also didn't realize they remove her performances from the official YouTube?

Last edited: May 24, 2022
  8. Ok, this is godly. Absolute vocal perfection. Thanks Kelly, I love you.

9. Happier than ever sounds incredible, as it was bound to. The rest she can keep.

10. May have to get on my clown makeup eventually, but my bet is she has a couple of these Kellyoke EPs planned for release from now through the end of the year, but that she may pivot to her studio album in the fall so it's a holiday seller.

11. Apart from it just sounding amazing, I'm really glad she did Happier Than Ever because the lyrics kind of perfectly fit what she's been going through. There were even a couple of tiny little changes she made in the live version that were most likely intentional.

xOJakeXo likes this.
  12. Her How Do You Sleep cover is essential.

13. RainOnFire

RainOnFire Staff Member

The tracklisting is weird. I thought 7 Rings would've been on there since it was probably the most viral of all her covers. Aside from Happier Than Ever, I think Queen of the Night is the only one I'm interested in only because she's one of the few who can do Whitney justice.
    I was thinking this as well. Practically no lead-up, still no announcement from Kelly even though the preorder is up and Happier Than Ever is out in some countries, and releasing on a Thursday instead of a Friday makes me think this EP on its own isn't meant to be a huge deal because more are coming.

14. Longer preview

15. Mvnl

Mvnl Staff Member

Well there's a lot/little to be said about that artwork but it definitely seems tailormade to just put out a blue/green/yellow/pink version of it for the next few installments

16. I kind of like that the tracklist is a bit obscure - it is a good range of genres and all the choices showcase her vocals well. Also have to remember that you need publishing rights from the songwriters to release covers so it's possible there were other choices that were not approved!

17. Changed my IP to AUS to hear on YouTube and wow, Happier Than Ever is stunning

GRMusic likes this.
  18. We really need to take a moment to appreciate this. This is one of those things that fans desperately want and just never happen. Lady Gaga knows her fans want Out of Control or the Swinefest version of Artpop songs but she ain't never releasing those. Katy Perry knows her fans want Everyday is a Holiday, but we ain't ever getting it. This should have been just another thing in a long line of desires fans have that never end up happening and yet retired pop star turned television personality Kelly Clarkson is the one who finally delivers. What a moment.

19. Wow. Her voice is just everything.

HairBodyFace and Holly Something like this.
  20. I’m not sure if it’s been announced anywhere yet but the plan is to follow this with a studio album pretty soon after.

Jonathan27, RainOnFire, Mvnl and 16 others like this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.