Kelly Clarkson | Page 99 | The Popjustice Forum

Kelly Clarkson

Discussion in 'Comeback corner' started by Tangled_Up, Mar 15, 2008.

1. I was coming in here to say the same thing. I logged into my account the other day and the order was there. Then I've looked tonight and apparently, I've not made an order in the last 12 months!
    I've emailed them so hopefully will get a response early next week.

nooniebao and Utopia like this.
  2. I was in Selfridges today and they were blasting Wrapped In Red across the store. It’s a tad bit early for me to be hearing Christmas music out and about but I wasn’t mad about it.

3. I’m getting a 404 when I try to check my order status now. Emailed them now too.

4. In the late 70s/early 80s they were plastic 7" singles. Poor quality but cheaper than vinyl. I think that punk DIY aesthetic meant acts could press their own records dirt cheap and pop magazines had them free sometimes. I used to have a 7" vinyl underneath when I played any but they were so poor quality.

popjunkie likes this.
  5. She’s MOTHER for that.

6. Loveeeee

Lana Del Rey is slapping herself for not thinking of this first.

Trouble in Paradise likes this.
  7. It looks like they're going to be pushing Santa Can't You Hear Me this year. You can get it on cassette, flexidisc and CD singles:

(and the whole album is on vinyl this year)

nooniebao likes this.
  8. Ok but Merry Christmas (To the One I Used to Know) is the song we need to be concentrating on. No one cares about this duet.

9. Pushing Santa Can’t You Hear Me is definitely the right move, the combined Christmas power of Kelly and Ariana should be enough for this to become a new staple, I hope!

theincredibleflipper and Mvnl like this.
  10. RainOnFire

RainOnFire Staff Member

You know what song they should be pushing? Underneath the Tree. I don't care that it's an RCA song and not an Atlantic one. It's still her last chance to get a Top 10 hit. It peaked at #12 and #13 in the past two years and needs a final push. But of course that's not happening.

11. dd yeah Atlantic isn't going to push a song that isn't theirs. But thankfully it takes off on its own every year.

12. Honestly she kind of did Underneath the Tree dirty back when it was new.

Don't get me started. Every time I'm in this thread I just sigh.

13. I felt like she gave it a good bit of love, no? She worked the whole album pretty hard but that was definitely the song she performed the most.

14. An animated video though! That said, I don't know why I'm complaining. If we had a video she was in it would have been her standing on a platform made of garland, interspersed with scenes of actors doing Christmas things.

15. The video plans were scrapped when she became unwell during her pregnancy. RCA was throwing money at that campaign and this was before her videography really started circling the drain so I’d assume they’d have pulled something half decent out of the bag for the video at least.

16. You mean like the Wrapped in Red video? dddddd

Drew likes this.
  17. If I knew this existed I had long forgotten! And I can see why!

Was it? I'm pretty sure by this point Kelly hadn't done much for a video since I Do Not Hook Up. Mr. Know It All is her singing in front of a wall of newspaper clippings. Stronger was flashmobs. Dark Side was her giving hugs to traumatized people. By 2013 her videography was pretty bleak.

lushLuck and Trouble in Paradise like this.
  18. dd I totally forgot about that video. They spent more effort on that random Amazon commercial she did for it (which was actually cute).

The way this probably cost no more than $100 to make

19. Yeah, she doesn’t push Underneath the Tree anymore because she’s most likely getting a better cut from anything recorded and released under Atlantic.

It’s a shame though cause it’s still her strongest Christmas song by a country mile to my ears. And I say that as someone who has enjoyed the majority of her Christmas songs!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.