Kelly Rowland - Here I Am

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Kelly Rowland - Here I Am (Album)

I'm listening to the iTunes snippets now. Wow. This isn't going to be very good at all, is it? There's features on damn near every other track (who the fuck are the WAVs?). It all sounds so generic. I love urban music when it has a personality, but this sounds just bland.

I like the sound of the extended preview, apart from a couple tracks it actually sounds less generic than what i previously thought but I don't really understand her strategy at the moment she literally has no promo lined up and the album is dropping in a week from now.

J

JadeFan

"I'm not cocky, I just love myself."

Er... Christina says hello, kiss my hand before I slap you with it.

The previews just reinforce the blandness of the songs.

Even if it fails... it won't change the fact that it's a damn good party album.

Down For Whatever and Turn It Up sound amazing.

I am so shocked that in this day and age, Kelly Rowland has managed to keep her album from leaking 2 days before its first release! Who would have thought? Its killing me though because I havent had this much anitcipation for an album release since Wynter Gordon!

S

SpaceDog

Is she serious with this album? I'm going to listen to Stole.

It has some good moments, but I miss that...organic?..sound of her debut, and the pure sultry, sexy R&B of her sophomore. Here I Am is very glossed over, maybe a bit over-produced..it's generic. It's nice to see Kelly getting her shine and she does it all very well but I would rather she give me top notch material that is indisputably Kelendria, than go out and do what everyone else is doing.

"Lay It On Me" is perfect choice for 2nd single, so catchy.

Overproduced is exactly the word I would use to describe the album. It just seems very... sterile. But that doesn't necessarily make it a bad album, it's actually good. A very solid, 7/10 to these ears now. I just hope she does well with sales, so that the European album* isn't derailed.

*Alleged.

DarkSacoura said:
Overproduced is exactly the word I would use to describe the album. It just seems very... sterile. But that doesn't necessarily make it a bad album, it's actually good. A very solid, 7/10 to these ears now. I just hope she does well with sales, so that the European album* isn't derailed.

*Alleged.

I agree. It's obviously much more commercial than her previous efforts

I think it's clear that the album was rushed out. She had a hit, then accepted xfactor UK. Now trying to capitalize on the success, getting the second single and album out there before she can't promote anymore.

Have to admit I like I'm Dat Chick. But I slightly enjoyed it when it was leaked too (even with all that autotune). I like the harmonies during the chorus.

Status
Not open for further replies.