Kelly Rowland - Here I Am

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Kelly Rowland - Here I Am (Album)

Well, the US version is everything I knew it was going to be. A mix of good, but not memorable, songs, with the dance tracks tacked on. I'm anticipating the UK version, but for now, this is how I'm listening to the album:

1. Commander
2. Forever and a Day
3. Lay It On Me
4. All of the Night
5. Work It Man
6. Motivation
7. Heaven & Earth
8 Rose Colored Glasses
9. Keep It Between Us
10. Turn It Up
11. Down For Whatever
12. When Love Takes Over

I tried to fit in What A Feeling, but I find it's to similar to When Love Takes Over, so I just left it out.
 
Re: Kelly Rowland - Here I Am (Album)

Feeling Me Right Now. Can anyone else blatantly hear Nicole Scherzinger all over it. Did she record the demo?
 
J

JadeFan

Re: Kelly Rowland - Here I Am (Album)

She's STILL recording?!

That Vibe cover is tacky.
 
Re: Kelly Rowland - Here I Am (Album)

LightningRider said:
Well, the US version is everything I knew it was going to be. A mix of good, but not memorable, songs, with the dance tracks tacked on. I'm anticipating the UK version, but for now, this is how I'm listening to the album:

1. Commander
2. Forever and a Day
3. Lay It On Me
4. All of the Night
5. Work It Man
6. Motivation
7. Heaven & Earth
8 Rose Colored Glasses
9. Keep It Between Us
10. Turn It Up
11. Down For Whatever
12. When Love Takes Over

I tried to fit in What A Feeling, but I find it's to similar to When Love Takes Over, so I just left it out.
This is mine:

01. I'm Dat Chick
02. Forever And a Day
03. Grown Woman
04. Motivation
05. Lay It On Me
06. Rose Colored Glasses
07. Commander
08. Each Other
09. Turn It Up
10. Down For Whatever
11. Keep It Between Us
12. Make Believe

Perfect 12 track album. Mix of dance/R&B/pop. The songs also transition nicely in this order.
 
T

Tommie

Re: Kelly Rowland - Here I Am (Album)

WAIT WHAT, THIS HAS BEEN RELEASED?

I honestly had no idea until I read Tamar Braxton's twitter!

Oh yes, even my Twitter feed is that depraved and trashy.
 
Re: Kelly Rowland - Here I Am (Album)

The us version is #25 on uk iTunes. Lol! She's on us iTunes #3.. and she hasn't had that much promo prior to this week. :) (I don't count twitter)

I'm pleased for her. The album should have been better, but I do like it overall. Commander still makes me sad. It would have done so well if it was pushed to pop.
 
T

Tommie

Re: Kelly Rowland - Here I Am (Album)

Commander featuring Nelly? Are they fucking KIDDING ME?

I knew there was an urban remix of this, but seriously?!? Oh K-Row.

Commander just doesn't work with a laid-back vibe, does it?
 
Re: Kelly Rowland - Here I Am (Album)

Tommie said:
WAIT WHAT, THIS HAS BEEN RELEASED?

I honestly had no idea until I read Tamar Braxton's twitter!

Oh yes, even my Twitter feed is that depraved and trashy.

Indeed. I had no idea! It'll sell bucketloads once X Factor kicks in though.
 
Re: Kelly Rowland - Here I Am (Album)

dominic spez said:
LightningRider said:
Well, the US version is everything I knew it was going to be. A mix of good, but not memorable, songs, with the dance tracks tacked on. I'm anticipating the UK version, but for now, this is how I'm listening to the album:

1. Commander
2. Forever and a Day
3. Lay It On Me
4. All of the Night
5. Work It Man
6. Motivation
7. Heaven & Earth
8 Rose Colored Glasses
9. Keep It Between Us
10. Turn It Up
11. Down For Whatever
12. When Love Takes Over

I tried to fit in What A Feeling, but I find it's to similar to When Love Takes Over, so I just left it out.
This is mine:

01. I'm Dat Chick
02. Forever And a Day
03. Grown Woman
04. Motivation
05. Lay It On Me
06. Rose Colored Glasses
07. Commander
08. Each Other
09. Turn It Up
10. Down For Whatever
11. Keep It Between Us
12. Make Believe

Perfect 12 track album. Mix of dance/R&B/pop. The songs also transition nicely in this order.

I wasn't even aware of "Make Believe" and "Each Other"'s existence. Thanks for informing me!
 
Re: Kelly Rowland - Here I Am (Album)

I really like that club remix of Motivation for some reason, although the track doesn't seem mastered properly. The kick drum seems too overpowering.
 
Re: Kelly Rowland - Here I Am (Album)

I really cannot see an X Factor performance singing and dancing European lead single on here, it's the the only thing that's worrying.

The 'what goes around' bits in Turn It Up will no doubt see accusations of theft from Beyonce stans even though it was probably the other way round.
 
Re: Kelly Rowland - Here I Am (Album)

A rousing performance of "Motivation" could no doubt send it flying right to the top of the charts.
 
Re: Kelly Rowland - Here I Am (Album)

Can't actually believe that they have put 'Each Other' on the album as a bonus track (though I'm glad they did!), it's one of my favourites from the early leaks. It's been out there a while, hasn't it?
 
Re: Kelly Rowland - Here I Am (Album)

She confirmed to thatgrapejuice she'll be performing on X-Factor, so excited! What with Tulisia working on a solo album I reckon all the judges except Louis will be performing this year.

To the person who said there's nothing on the album good enough for an X Factor performance, she's already said the UK edition will be out in November with a different tracklisting.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top