Kelly Sweet - Ashes of My Paradise | The Popjustice Forum

Kelly Sweet - Ashes of My Paradise

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by DarkSacoura, Jan 29, 2013.

1. [video=youtube;H0JFmuv1Tk4]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H0JFmuv1Tk4&feature=player_embedded[/video]

Premiered a couple of days ago. This is a really incredible song, very Swedish and moody.

The song was the title track to an album released only in Japan last year, and is being used to launch her upcoming EP, entitled Sirens.

Last edited: Jan 29, 2013
  2. I really like the chorus of this song. I'll try to find some of her other music if this is any indication of how it sounds.

3. I gave the album a couple of spins, it's very good, lots of songs in this vein. Dramatic, percussive, synthy, and Swedish sounding.

Everyone should at least listen to this though! It's very Popjustice.

4. I love Raincoat. Kelly looked so much better with the longer red hair.

5. Was wondering if she was going to do a second record. I worked on her first, and find it so ironic that she's going electropop considering she seemed to have zero interest in the dance mixes I was coordinating for one of her first singles. But I quite like this... reminds me of "Silence" by Delerium w/Sarah McLachlan. (EDIT: probably because she repeats "silence" so much.)

Funny, I took Kelly wo sing at her first gay bar. Where she opened for... Wendy Ho. Admittedly, not a good mix. Funny night though. Will look for this album.

Last edited: Jan 31, 2013
  6. Came in expecting another Kelly Rowland song about her vagina.

7. Very different from her debut but her voice is still great...

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.