Kelsea Ballerini | The Popjustice Forum

Kelsea Ballerini

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by Laura Vanderbooben, Jul 10, 2015.

1. CALLING ALL H̶E̶A̶R̶T̶S̶ BUMPKINS

I'm actually really loving this album. I wasn't giving her the time of day until she came and played a set at my job, and I really enjoyed her.

Love Me Like You Mean It hit #1 on Country radio (making her the only woman this year to do it) and #45 on the Hot 100. Follow-up single Dibs is climbing.

She's 22 years old, signed to an indie label (Black River - not Black Pen), is one of CMT's Next Women of Country and - most importantly - has Ms. Swift's seal of approval.

2. Love Me Like You Mean It is actually on my PJSC list.

3. Duly noted.

4. The name alone gives me Rebecca Black nemesis pumpkin-flavored cold brews.

Remorque likes this.
  5. Call me when she delivers her 1989.

6. Of what do you speak?

This seems like a slightly unreasonable demand for someone on their first single.

7. I definitely heard some good things when I gave the album a spin. I'm sure more songs would jump out at me with repeated listens, but right now she feels like the generic Taylor Swift circa Fearless you'd buy at Walgreens. Not to say there isn't potential! There aren't many girls doing this kind of country now that Taylor's moved on to pop, Miranda is more rock-leaning, and Kacey Musgraves and Ashley Monroe run circles around them all.

8. RainOnFire

RainOnFire Staff Member

I refuse to give her a chance only because you didn't include me with the other bumpkins. I'm so hurt right now.

Is this how RaeLynn felt?

9. This is cute. I'll put it in my country playlist for sure.

Laura Vanderbooben likes this.
  10. I loved 'Peter Pan' and new video for 'Yeah Boy' is cute.

11. International version of her album up for pre-order on Amazon - has bonus tracks etc. I wonder if there will be a UK live date.

12. Secondhand Smoke is so good, time to spin the album.

13. New single 'Legends'.

14. But where is the Taylor Swift/Chainsmokers hybrid-bop Roses though cyst?!?!?!?!?!?1

Laura Vanderbooben and Beginner like this.
  15. Love it!!! Kinda like old Taylor Swift.

16. C'mon Kelsea! Giving me 'Carnival Ride' meets 'Speak Now' teas.

17. Loved the debut album. "Legends" is 8/10 for me, pleasant song I'd happily relisten to but not one of her peak moments.

18. I'm officially obsessed with the new album.

19. I can't stop listening to it. It all fits and runs together perfectly.

Disco Tears likes this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.