Kelsea Ballerini | Page 5 | The Popjustice Forum

Kelsea Ballerini

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by Laura Vanderbooben, Jul 10, 2015.

1. RainOnFire

RainOnFire Staff Member

It's much better than Homecoming Queen but it's also kinda terribly written? The lyrics in the chorus feel so clunky. This could've been great with a full re-write. Eh.

2. Wait at this potentially becoming my new Friday night anthem. Can’t wait to hear this at the clerb.

lushLuck likes this.
  3. Get us to Oil Can Harry’s STAT!

Minorkey likes this.
  4. New single LA out this Friday:

Diet Pop!, aux and lushLuck like this.
  5. New album, 'Kelsea' will be out March 20th with the pre-order/pre-save coming on Friday.

6. This is fine I guess?

Diet Pop! likes this.
  7. I don’t think the third time will be the charm. It’s a shame Unapologetically was given up on when they had Get Over Yourself and Roses right fucking there.

Diet Pop!, RainOnFire and nooniebao like this.
  8. Unapologetically had one of the most baffling singles runs in recent memory. Both songs you mentioned felt like such obvious smashes too.

Diet Pop! and Jersey like this.
  9. I'm sad she's gone down this line of basicness. LA is... not good.

bakerboy92 likes this.
  10. Self-titled third album is out everywhere at midnight:

heavymetalGAGA, aux and Diet Pop! like this.
  11. aux

aux

I'm diving in ladies.

12. I can't get on board with this record at all. The songwriting on much of it feels so awkward to me. Sad about this because Unapologetically is one of my favourites of the past few years. I like "club" a lot, and "needy" and "half of my hometown" - but the rest of it is really not what I'm looking for.

13. I’m halfway through and it’s cute. Some nice bops but nothing so far that matches the likes of Miss Me More or Get Over Yourself.

14. aux

aux

I love this.

Last edited: Mar 20, 2020
  15. RainOnFire

RainOnFire Staff Member

This album is so unfortunate. I don't want to sound rude or cynical, but there's such a strong whiff of Ed Sheeran-ism about all of it, the kind of clunky and forced writing that constantly references anxiety and not fitting in with the ~cool kids~ and whatever. I'm not trying to say that Kelsea isn't allowed to write about anxiety and the things she's going through, but it comes off more as Spotify bait rather than genuine honesty.

Welp. We'll always have Unapologetically I guess.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.