Kendrick Lamar - Mr. Morale & the Big Steppers (5th Album) | The Popjustice Forum

Kendrick Lamar - Mr. Morale & the Big Steppers (5th Album)

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by Mushroom, Sep 18, 2014.

1. First single 'i' expected to drop on Tuesday 23rd September, with the album to follow later this year.

[​IMG]

Very stoked for this.

Last edited: Mar 14, 2015
    tea likes this.
  2. Re: Kendrick Lamar - Third Studio Album

This is good news, Good Kid Mad City was a great album.

3. Re: Kendrick Lamar - Third Studio Album

Good kid, M.A.A.D city was one of albums of the year last year. Excited to see what he brings this time, I'm hoping for a few features.

4. Re: Kendrick Lamar - Third Studio Album

Oh shit. I completely forgot this was happening so soon. Eager to hear what he's cooked up after how massive an era he had last year.

5. Re: Kendrick Lamar - Third Studio Album

Very much looking forward to it. Between this, Kanye, and Run the Jewels, pretty much all the hip-hop acts I look forward to are releasing next quarter.

6. Re: Kendrick Lamar - Third Studio Album

Where's Drake at though?

7. KAG

KAG

Re: Kendrick Lamar - Third Studio Album

Third album?! I thought good kid was his debut. Anyway, I'm really looking forward to this.

8. Re: Kendrick Lamar - Third Studio Album

I only bought Good Kid a couple of weeks ago, but I think it might already be one of my favourite hip-hop albums ever. He is such a brilliant MC, and I'm so keen to get this new one now. If the new single is anywhere near as good as Art of Peer Pressure or Bitch, Don't Kill My Vibe, you can consider me hyped

9. Re: Kendrick Lamar - Third Studio Album

So so so excited.

10. Re: Kendrick Lamar - Third Studio Album

I love Swimming Pools, Bitch Don't Kill My Vibe and ADHD but haven't heard any of his other stuff yet. I worry that I'm going to buy the album and hate it and be a little "mainstream" lover who only likes the singles and that's it.

11. Re: Kendrick Lamar - Third Studio Album

Buy it, the album is quite cohesive so everything has a similar vibe.

12. Re: Kendrick Lamar - Third Studio Album

good kid was an absolute masterpiece. All that bravado, fear, misery, elation, tragedy, and nostalgia rolled into one gorgeous cinematic beauty. I remember listening to it that November on the phone with my friend who'd already fallen in love with it and every new song, she'd be like "see what I mean?!" and I'd be like "actually I do!"

Definitely one of those albums that change your life. Cannot wait for this.

13. Re: Kendrick Lamar - Third Studio Album

'Section 80'.

14. Re: Kendrick Lamar - Third Studio Album

There's Overly Dedicated, too.

Both projects are really good. I was listening to Section.80 a lot over the summer.

15. Re: Kendrick Lamar - Third Studio Album

Yes, great news. I am excited for this.

16. Re: Kendrick Lamar - Third Studio Album

I feel 'Section 80' (his first "official release") is where he properly honed his craft so 'Overly Dedicated' and 'Compton State of Mind' have only received limited plays from me, despite having flashes of brilliance across both.

Mr Blonde likes this.
  17. Re: Kendrick Lamar - Third Studio Album

Ready for this album.

18. Re: Kendrick Lamar - Third Studio Album

It's so surprising and such a departure from Good Kid, M.A.A.D. City but i love it.

Sounds a bit like Outkast i agree

19. Re: Kendrick Lamar - Third Studio Album

Very psychedelic and futuristic, the majestic funkiness of the Isley Brothers sample making it sound like an Octavia Butler novel come to life. An intoxicating space odyssey filtered through towering boomboxes. Definitely a departure, but fucking amazing.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.