Kero Kero Bonito - Sick Beat | The Popjustice Forum

Kero Kero Bonito - Sick Beat

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by backstreetjoe, Jan 11, 2015.

1. Little Boots mentioned this lot in an interview recently. Half Japanese/half English lyrics. Wait for the English lyrics to kick in - it's a bit of a feminist statement. This is like a more tuneful PC Music track - and I do like the PC Music stuff. However, this is better for me. Really liking this one. Not sure I could stick it for a whole album though.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KZDf4vJm5HQ

Island likes this.
  2. Kero Kero Bonito are amazing. Build It Up was one of the songs I listened to most last year. It's so bonkers and happy and fun.

3. They are all sorts of brilliant. I love their album and the song featured on Ryan Hemsworth's Secret Songs compilation.

Island likes this.
  4. The CD is 9 quid on pre order on Amazon. Going to get it methinks.

5. They just released a new song called "Picture This" and it's yet another sugary triumph.

[video=youtube_share;VaVWvcuy3Cg]http://youtu.be/VaVWvcuy3Cg[/video]

6. Catchy chrous. I'm hooked.

7. I love the new track. They're amazing.

8. The mixtape was very hmmm. Why can't full-length quality sustaining acts put out physicals? Why is there suffering in the world?

Sick Beat is still great. The tone of Picture This is hmmm.

9. speedyboi and PEARL like this.
  10. The only song I can get into by Kero Kero Bonito is Picture this, I love it.

11. I think 'Lipslap' might be their best yet @digitalkaiser

12. "Lipslap" is awesome! I really like "Picture This", "Flamingo" and "Homework", too. The entire album is good.

Island and backstreetjoe like this.
  13. Lipslap is amazing. The Dolly Rockers comparison is so true.

14. If you're into this, you'll probably be into Wata Megumi (綿 めぐみ) as well. This is off her album Sainanda Wa (災難だわ) last year:

[It's a] Calamity/Disaster (I clearly do not speak Japanese)
    She has a new EP out just now, too: Blindman (ブラインドマン)

15. Here's the video for Lipslap. It's pretty cute, but I can't help but feel it goes a bit too hard on the 'aesthetic'. The guy in all the football shirts is adorable and sells it really well though, much better than most nerdy-background-producer types.

16. They're all lovely and the video is great. Lipslap is easily their best track yet.

17. Did you know that Augustus Bonito is in fact Kane West? Sarah even sings on his song "Good Price." I myself only noticed this recently.

Island likes this.
  18. I only found that out today after stalking them! So strange because I've been loving the Kane West EP for a few weeks now; crazy that they're connected, yet so obviously now it's been pointed out.

I may have also accidentally found lots of personal facebook accounts for various people related to the PC music crew...

Island and PEARL like this.
  19. I want that bento box dinner tray thing.

backstreetjoe likes this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.