Kero Kero Bonito - Sick Beat | Page 3 | The Popjustice Forum

Kero Kero Bonito - Sick Beat

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by backstreetjoe, Jan 11, 2015.

1. PEARL and IceflamePhoenix like this.
  2. Waking Up is such a bop.

3. Last edited: Oct 16, 2016
    Island likes this.
  4. For those of you interested in a physical copy of the new album, you can pre-order the CD here: https://exit.sc/?url=http://bit.ly/2c2ts8c For some reason that link isn't on their website but is on their Soundcloud page.

5. This is a strong contender for AOTY yas queen(s) of pop.

6. this album is unexpectedly solid and listenable. I thought it might feel a bit gimmicky after a while, but it all holds together quite nicely doesn't it? Break is still my favourite, so breezy.

ddog likes this.
  7. Big City's production is giving me late 90s JRPG soundtrack realness and I'm living.

HOAXXX likes this.
  8. The production is good but I'm only on track 3 and already sick of it.

9. IT'S ALL LIPSLAP!

10. Fish Bowl is really gorgeous with its weird alt rocky sort of glory. I like the whole album, I think I will like it more on repeated listens.

I think the album has immaculate production, a great blend of western and Asian influences. I'm used to J-pop so the album is not jarring at all for me with the vocal delivery or maybe what some would call 'samey' or repetitive. All and all, a very interesting and cool release. Very Tommy February 6, actually.

11. The album reminds me of Cibo Matto. I love it.

strangekin, HOAXXX and digitalkaiser like this.
  12. Trampoline is also amazing in every single way.

I actually think this album could make my top 10 list for this year? Its so crisp and fun and full of bops. It makes me smile.

Island likes this.
  13. Abe

Abe

I've taken a break from Joanne to give this a spin, and now I just keep repeating it. It's been awhile since I've listened to an album that I can just enjoy without having to think about too much and is still really good.

14. I randomly listened to Lipslap and what sort of PC Music take on house music? BOP.

Island likes this.
  15. "Trampoline" is such a huge bop. "Big City" is fantastic, too, and I wish "Fish Bowl" was longer! As a whole the album's just as fun as their debut.

16. They really benefited from not being directly associated with PC Music. Their sound comes from a more sincere place as opposed to PC's wink-nudge, ironic attitude. Love the album.
    I watched them try strange Japanese snacks on Facebook for 20 minutes (as one does), and they seemed like a fun bunch. Sarah is totes adorbs.

Noir, PEARL and Island like this.
  17. Sarah seems like such a genuinely sweet girl. I watched parts of their SXSW showcase the other day and you could tell she was totally into it. She as a person exudes the same fun and carefree vibe as the music and is just super adorable.

Minorkey likes this.
  18. Listening to their new album for the first time at the moment, it sounds superb. Fish Bowl should have been twice as long though.

PEARL likes this.
  19. I've been going through a break-up these past few weeks and this album, well, in particular, "Trampoline" is such a good pick-me-up song; I always look forward to the "power up" sound that plays a couple times throughout the chorus.

Minorkey likes this.
  20. Video for Trampoline:

Jump, jump, trampoline, fly to where you want to be

PEARL and neonpanda like this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.