Kero Kero Bonito - Sick Beat | Page 6 | The Popjustice Forum

Kero Kero Bonito - Sick Beat

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by backstreetjoe, Jan 11, 2015.

1. God I love them. I feel like if it were anyone else I would have been frustrated by that final chorus, but I was kinda living for the mess.

2. OspreyQueen

OspreyQueen Staff Member

It’s...really not for me. I hope this isn’t a permanent change for them.

3. Oh my, I just heard this for the first time, and it's probably the most hilariously awesome song of the year so far. I kinda wish that Radio Edit wouldn't even exist.

4. I adore them going for a shoegaze/dream pop sound over the fun but generic bubbly soundcloud jpop sounds of Bonito Generation.

You know how it is is SO catchy!

5. You Know How It Is is amazing indeed! It's very Best Coast sounding.

6. OspreyQueen

OspreyQueen Staff Member

I’m still not a fan of Only Acting, but the EP is actually quite good. Cinema is a nice woozy bop.

7. I adore them.

8. They just released another single.

The album is dropping ~soon~ and Time 'n' Place was finally confirmed as the title.

9. Kero Kero Bonito, I have a challenge for you.. Make songs longer than 2 minutes challenge! Do that challenge!

10. OspreyQueen

OspreyQueen Staff Member

The ingredients for a good song are in there, but it goes absolutely nowhere. Cinema remains the only thing from this new era I really like.

Rock n Roll Star came up in a shuffle the other day and it's still absolutely lush. I wish they'd carried on with that sound for a little while.

11. I love it ! This new direction suits them perfectly.

It seems like they've been playing as a full band lately. Sarah's growl at the beginning dddd.

edit : She does it again during Only Acting, I'm crying.

Last edited: May 8, 2018
    cuddle dungeon and ohaimanabu like this.
  12. I like the new song more than all songs from the last EP.

13. 'Live at DIY Studio', ffs. THE NAME OF THE VENUE IS ON THE BIG BLOODY BANNER BEHIND THEM.

The full band show was pretty good. Basically they're a lo-fi indiepop KKB covers band, and it worked impressively well.

(Although I wouldn't have been at all upset if the breakdown at the end of Only Acting did what I was expecting it to do and led into a trad electropop rest of the set.)

Crisp X likes this.
  14. jsd

jsd

"Only Acting" is amazing. I've had it on repeat for the past 24 hours.

DarkSacoura and Noir like this.
  15. New album so far is very “When you graduated college and got crushed by real world anxiety and crippling quarter-life crisis + existential doubt.” A narrative I can root for.

Last edited: May 10, 2018
    superultra and Crisp X like this.
  16. These new songs are great.

17. This is cool.

FINISH LINE, Crisp X, PEARL and 2 others like this.
  18. I discovered these guys yesterday. Bonito Generation is a really nice album! Their lyrics are the kind of lyrics I didn't know I needed in my life.

19. I fucking love that song with Oscar.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.