Kesha - High Road (4th Album) | Page 113 | The Popjustice Forum

Kesha - High Road (4th Album)

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by Drew, Sep 15, 2018.

1. Sadly I haven't really kept anything from this. Honey and High Road are cute. Cowboy Blues is nice. But overall it's just a messy slog of sounds and none of it feels essential. The "party" stuff is terrible. I love Kesha and want the best for her, but I also need her to be producing better material than this.

Wishlight, Rob, enjoy and 2 others like this.
  2. Someone I know was super excited that this album came out and told me that I should hear at least the best track from it (Kinky) and I hated it. I heard the two singles + the title track and have no desire to go through any more of this.

Jersey likes this.
  3. Even the stans I know can’t excuse how awful this record is. Fingers crossed for the next one I guess?

4. The live cruise one.

5. Hmm... Yay for England. I guess.

Lapras and spaceship like this.
  6. WHY THE FUCK ISNT THIS ON THE STANDARD EDITION

7. R92

R92

I’ve actually found myself to enjoy this more after more listens. It has its rough parts and could definitely stand some polish and trimming, but there’s a lot in here to love, I’ve found. I don’t know if maybe I’m just becoming less judgemental or caustic in criticism, but giving this album a chance has made me enjoy it a lot over the past couple weeks, enough to make comments about this being unlistenable or like pure garbage seem like extreme hyperbole. It’s far from a perfect album but I’ve still found myself seeking it out for listening, particularly the folk-tinged stuff.

8. But we need Kesha to come to continental Europe. Italy especially. South Italy possibly.

9. I loved Rainbow, but I'm kinda scared to listen to this.

10. Honestly if you loved that you'll be fine with this. They aren't worlds apart.

Raichu likes this.
  11. This sort of shows potential but it's more or less just as much of a mess as the rest of the album.

12. I adored "Raising Hell" so I've had to listen to this a couple of times - overall I like it, but the variability in track quality shows - there's a stack of filler.

spaceship likes this.
  13. RJF

RJF

Her tours are a fucking mess.

Staticboombox likes this.
  14. Jesus.

15. Rare is front to back inoffensive, utterly inessential filler. This may have some stinkers on it, but I'd certainly prefer a mixed bag with a few songs I actually want to keep than something that never deviates from mildly pleasant background music that goes in one ear and out the other.

16. I really don't think this is that bad. It's uneven for sure but overall I like the majority of it.

17. She should really consider moving onto the next project ASAP..

Even Meghan is higher

Wishlight and kallumlavigne like this.
  18. I liked probably hafl of the album, I was expecting more "pop" songs and not so much of Rainbow, but there are some fun tracks.

19. I didn’t even like this album but the fact that it fell from 7 to 139 is like....unfathomable to me. I would love to see her bounce back with a vengeance but I’m honestly not sure where she goes from here sonically?

Music Is Life likes this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.