Kesha - High Road (4th Album) | Page 115 | The Popjustice Forum

Kesha - High Road (4th Album)

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by Drew, Sep 15, 2018.

1. Go for My Own Dance, High Road, Shadow, Honey, Cowboy Blues, Resentment, Little Bit of Love, Kinky, BFF and Chasing Thunder.

2. Not Chasing Rainbows being better than everything on The High Road.

3. Chasing Rainbows is a bop.

spaceship likes this.
  4. Finished my first listen of the album and I actually didn’t hate it?? It’s not as great as Rainbow, but there’s a good handful of songs I enjoyed.

Satyress, myblood, OlliMaus and 4 others like this.
  5. I clicked on the post to see if the hunk is tagged only to find four original Animals who now work in magazines / hair / makeup / styling.

Suburbia and spaceship like this.
  6. I guess Cannibal is a TikTok meme now. I feel old.

4Roses, myblood, GimmeWork and 7 others like this.
  7. Jordan is killing it!

8. Cannibal is one of her very best. That last chorus, whew.

myblood, Mr.Arroz, GimmeWork and 9 others like this.
  9. Hoping the Cannibal love will mean she throws it in on the tour setlist.

GimmeWork and spaceship like this.
  10. Yeah, I see a Cannibal TikTok at least once a day now, and was even seeing them a few months before now. Fucking wild.

And yes, I use TikTok.

11. Every time I go to the search tab on Apple Music, I see that Cannibal is trending. The power that TikTok has is really something else.

12. Where have you been, ever since he was included in My Own Dance we have been thirsting...

Kinky is a bop but I always hurry to skip the intro

Rob and spaceship like this.
  13. Kinky is a bop, but the intro + the fact it sounds so muddy and poorly mixed really kills a lot of its replay value.

myblood, RMK, davidbesan and 4 others like this.
  14. "Kinky" really is great, but I put forward a motion to end the incredibly tired "boys kiss boys kiss girls kiss girls" wordplay in pop music. Blur was doing it almost 30 years ago, and I'm sure they weren't the first!

15. Laurence and spaceship like this.
  16. It’s gaining +400k streams on Spotify daily with no playlist support (none of the singles from High Road did that).

I really feel like a remix/re-release has potential to have some impact.

17. Re-releasing 10 year songs to pander to teenagers will officially be my "I don't get the music industry"/transition into Old Gay moment.

18. Laurence and spaceship like this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.