Kesha - High Road (4th Album) | Page 125 | The Popjustice Forum

Kesha - High Road (4th Album)

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by Drew, Sep 15, 2018.

1. It makes me sad to think of how shit High Road is. I tried really hard to get into it because I really loved Rainbow and I'll always root for Kesha but.... it's fucking terrible. Just pure shit, honestly. The production is atrocious and the songs are mostly all sloppy, if not boring. Everyone involved missed the mark.

Last edited: Aug 1, 2020
  2. I just don't think it's that bad!!!

3. It’s her worst album but I wouldn’t call it shit. It has some redeemable moments.

tea, GimmeWork, Espeon and 1 other person like this.
  4. It's patchy as hell but there's still a few highlights.

whew

5. Cowboy Blues, Resentment, Kinky, Father Daughter Dance and Honey are all career highlights, so I can't call the album irredeemable even if it was mixed using a calculator.

6. Who asked for this?

7. At least it’s one of the better songs on the album.

8. After initially thinking this album was just not for me, it's come to reveal itself as a bit stronger than Rainbow with some real gems. I kind of cherry picked from it the past few months and now realize at least 7 songs have been among the chosen ones. Not bad considering I really only fucked with 4 from Rainbow.

Jwentz likes this.
  9. I still really like this album.

Jwentz likes this.
  10. Everytime I listen to "Little Bit of Love" I can't help but think of this iconic post and chuckle.

BreatheBox likes this.
  11. We should have a 'Worst Mixing on an album' in our Forum's Reader Poll this year because I need my girl to snatch an award.

tea, Runawaywithme, GimmeWork and 7 others like this.
  12. I’m not usually once to complain about mixing because I don’t usually notice any issues, but I listened to the album the other day with my AirPods and...yikes. Honey sounds terrible.

spaceship likes this.
  13. Seems there's a recent push for getting High Road on vinyl, which I'd love.

[​IMG]

They better consider a new mix of the record because lord knows what that muddy mess will sound like on wax.

14. This is the best she’s ever looked?

spaceship and Music Is Death like this.
  15. Yeah she’s serving

16. She looks and sounds amazing. Now go make a disco/pop album.

17. What bothers me so much about it is that I hear so much potential, like it REALLY could have been great. It would have been a massive improvement alone just to have better mixing/mastering.

spaceship likes this.
  18. She's been hitting the Praying high note, 3 years late

tea, Music Is Death, sesita and 4 others like this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.