Kiana Ledé - Kiki | Page 5 | The Popjustice Forum

Kiana Ledé - Kiki

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by nooniebao, Jul 14, 2018.

1. It's a nice album, and I really like her voice. The Ari Lennox collab is an early highlight.
    Feel like it could have done with an uptempo or two, to break it up as it's very mid-tempo heavy.

sesita, Island and nooniebao like this.
  2. This album could have definitely used some editing, some gems in there like Chocolate, Labels, and Protection, but then a lot of the tracks feel very samey.

nooniebao likes this.
  3. OspreyQueen

OspreyQueen Staff Member

It’s a fine album, but yeah, it does not need to be 17 tracks long. It doesn’t help that basically every song sounded exactly like I expected, with Protection (and “Skiterlude” I guess) being the only mildly surprising things on it.

nooniebao likes this.
  4. Island

Island Staff Member

Yeah it doesn’t need to be 17 tracks long, but it flowed together pretty well and didn’t seem like a chore finishing it. I may even like it better than the Ella Mai album. Hopefully she jazzes things up in the future but overall, I really enjoyed this album.

@Vasilios @Petty Mayonnaise @londonrain @TRAVVV

TRAVVV likes this.
  5. This is so, so good, ugh! I agree with you all that it's too long with very similar vibes, so it could've used some editing (what's with the young alt-R&B acts and long albums?), but it's so good for these quarantine, melancholic days.

6. Streaming nn...

Island, OspreyQueen and sesita like this.
  7. I enjoyed the album much more than I thought I would. It's maybe a bit too long but I don't mind it, there's nothing I'd want to get rid of. "Good Girl." was the immediate stand-out to me.

8. I love these wonderful Queen's!

phily693, nooniebao and sesita like this.

Last edited: May 15, 2020
  10. Just discovered this album it’s very good enjoyed it a lot . I agree it’s a tad long though I think the first half of the album is a lot stronger . She was starting to lose me a tad towards the end as it was starting to sound a bit samey . However for a debut album this is very strong !

Edit: Second Chances is also STUNNING

11. 'Plenty More' gives me big big 'Supermodel' by SZA vibes, especially when the outro hits. Great album, bit samey as everyone has said but still great.

sesita likes this.
  13. SCREAM @ me just now releazling she is Zoe from Scream Season 2.

14. Can't wait!

I am loving this trend of R&B girls collaborating with each other recently - long may it continue! We've been treated to some amazing songs and collaborations-
    Kiana and Ari Lennox
    Kehlani and Teyana
    Jhene and H.E.R.
    Kehlani and Keyshia Cole
    Mahalia and Ella Mai
    Summer and Jhene

All 9s and 10s

15. Music video for Crazy.:

sesita likes this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.